Started by essendon2, May 16, 2012, 03:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Worth the punt?

Yes
Michael Johnson instead
Neither, get Birchall and cop a Round 13 zero

essendon2

two terrible scores, ... but ignore that
and 6/8 scores 85+ - and Ross Lyon definitely did say he'd either play loose man in defence whilst or MID more now that Fyfe is out!

what are your thoughts on the guy?
114 last week, very very solid and looked the goods.

or would you rather Michael Johnson?

DEF is: Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, Hargrave, Clarke, Bugg, Morris (Smedts, Darley)

Tenfold

Look at Duffman's scores away from Pattersons. This is why he is not a good pick in Dream Team because the difference is about 30 points per game. I would look at other options. Lake is a better option so is Birch

Mr.Craig

Yeah, I wouldn't want Broughton AND Duffield in the same Dream Team. One rollercoaster is quite enough.

essendon2

Quote from: Tenfold on May 16, 2012, 03:32:41 PM
Look at Duffman's scores away from Pattersons. This is why he is not a good pick in Dream Team because the difference is about 30 points per game. I would look at other options. Lake is a better option so is Birch
Can't have another Round 11 or 13 player!
It's either Michael Johnson or Duffield - or Bugg --> Shaw/Heppell

P.s. freo have so many games at home to come!!

Mr.Craig

Quote from: essendon2 on May 16, 2012, 03:38:38 PM

Let's say Birch averages 90 and Duff 80. The increased scoring over the course of the season offsets the donut you'd be copping in the bye.

essendon2

Quote from: Mr.Craig on May 16, 2012, 03:45:21 PM

Let's say Birch averages 90 and Duff 80. The increased scoring over the course of the the season offsets the donut you'd be copping in the bye.
I know, but what if Birchall gets injured like he has in the past - rested too?
Duffman can easily average 90 too.

But do I get rid of Morris or Bugg?
Because I've already gone Ellis --> Zorko (Smedts)

Lions01

The first bad score of 40 against Sydney was when he copped a heavy knock to the ribs, from memory it happened either late in the first quarter or early in the second and he didn't take anymore part in the game.

Second game was against Gold Coast were Campbell brown tagged him out of the game. He's games away from home is a little concerning but not a bad selection. Birchall isn't that much more expensive and I think maybe a better choice but Duffield is more unique

I have both duff and broughton,  it's up and down but hasn't been too bad

Ricochet

Quote from: Tenfold on May 16, 2012, 03:32:41 PM
I like the look of this mate. ignore Heppells last score, he'll be solid all year

Mr.Craig

Quote from: essendon2 on May 16, 2012, 03:46:51 PM

That's a bit rough on Birch - last 5 years has played 22, 22, 19, 21, 21 games each season. He'll be right.

But anyway, I think Bugg should go. I mentioned yesterday that I've liked the performances of Morris in the last couple of weeks. Playing his role well and getting enough of the pill. Buggy should be getting a rest anytime soon aswell.

Speculator

I would go for Duffield. One of those 2 bad scores was sub affected after he copped a blow to the ribs.

essendon2

Quote from: Mr.Craig on May 16, 2012, 03:52:56 PM
Quote from: essendon2 on May 16, 2012, 03:46:51 PM

That's a bit rough on Birch - last 5 years has played 22, 22, 19, 21, 21 games each season. He'll be right.

But anyway, I think Bugg should go. I mentioned yesterday that I've liked the performances of Morris in the last couple of weeks. Playing his role well and getting enough of the pill. Buggy should be getting a rest anytime soon aswell.
But Bugg can pull out 90's??

Mr.Craig

Quote from: essendon2 on May 16, 2012, 03:55:27 PM
But Bugg can pull out 90's??

Well, it's a judgement call. Bugg obviously has the higher ceiling but Morris probably has the best JS of any rookie in the comp outside of Magnet. If you can use the extra cash you'd be getting from trading out Bugg to good effect then I still think it could be worth it.

Ricochet

can you maybe put an option for Heppell or Shaw in your poll?

essendon2

Quote from: Ricochet on May 16, 2012, 04:06:32 PM
That's only if I get rid of Bugg!
but I don't whether I want to get rid of Bugg especially if he can pull out a 90!

Ricochet

Quote from: essendon2 on May 16, 2012, 04:08:34 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on May 16, 2012, 04:06:32 PM
That's only if I get rid of Bugg!
but I don't whether I want to get rid of Bugg especially if he can pull out a 90!
Who were you planning on trading for Duffield?