Delaney
2 (9.1%)
Smedts
5 (22.7%)
Docherty or Darely
3 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1

weee

So now many of us are looking to make upgrades and downgrades, here are in my opinion the best Options Down Back:
Players on the Bubble:
Spurr (FREM) $107k - Lower and Silvagni coming back very soon, not to sure about his JS.
Brennan (WCE) $104k - Eagles have been struck with Injuries may hold his spot for a bit longer due to this, also the Son of Former Eagle Michael Brennan.
Delaney (NTH) $104k - Don't know a lot about Delaney, JS not promising considering his two games have been Rounds apart.

Then other interesting options:
Smedts (GEEL) $140k - Probably best JS out of the lot, and a bit of scoring potential (77 on the weekend)
Docherty (BRIS) $130k - Looking to break into the Lions Side very Soonish, One of the Top Draft Prospects..
Darely (GWS) $104k - Should get a run soon, Apparently good game for the Reserves.

So who will you bring in?!

Lions01

First thing is I'm not a fan of bringing in any round 11 in this close to the bye, most people would have a combination of Hargrave, Waters and Bugg this would have you loaded on round 11 players, the Backline is one area everyone should get away with not having a donut in round 11 as the premium and keepers are few and far between.

Spurr : I like this option the most and this would be my selection. J/S is a little worrying but avoiding the vests is a good start.
Brennan : Worried about his job security, still have a few stars to return.
Delaney : As you stated not having consecutive games is a worry, seems to be a fill in.

Darley : I wouldn't be bring in someone who isn't on the bubble let alone hasn't even played a game
Docherty : Has been setting the world on fire in the reserves, has good pace and elite user of the ball something the lions will need so will get games this year. He's only played 3 reserve games and had an interupted pre-season i don't think hell get a call up soon.
Smedts : I wouldn't even consider, has more issues then Ellis. Has been named sub a few time which will effect both his scoring and money making. Job security seems ok at the moment but could change if Geelong as Geelong have depth on their list. Basically your getting the same type of player as Ellis for 60k ish (If your thinking about this i would be more inclinded just to keep Ellis)

nathan11

well i have gone bugg to smedts gives me $150k and because of his score on the weekend he has a be of -33 :) only have the 1 rd12 back so i can hold him for a while and his dpp will come in handy for bye trading i feel

tbagrocks

no love for Sam Shaw who will play many games for crows?

weee

I dont know a lot about Sam Shaw, please fill be in ;)

tbagrocks

Quote from: weee on May 15, 2012, 10:48:26 PM
ok, Sam was selected for crows then got injured before Rd 1
then was selected again two weeks ago and withdrew with injury again,

anyway he's the crows third choise tall back behind Ruts & Talia!
he will play, he likes to run ou the back line, scored a 59 on debue, and will play games this year

should be up for selection this week (should play)

Capper

nathan11

Quote from: tbagrocks on May 15, 2012, 10:55:44 PM
Quote from: weee on May 15, 2012, 10:48:26 PM
ok, Sam was selected for crows then got injured before Rd 1
then was selected again two weeks ago and withdrew with injury again,

anyway he's the crows third choise tall back behind Ruts & Talia!
he will play, he likes to run ou the back line, scored a 59 on debue, and will play games this year

should be up for selection this week (should play)

injured twice already only played 1 game so far certainly not on my radar for this week  ;D

weee

Very Interesting, Cheers for the information! :), may have to consider my self if named. But the two injuries as mentioned above is a worry, I'm looking to offload Ellis Personally, Would go Spurr but it leaves me about 2k off Heppell :\

henry

I started with Darley and have been waiting ever since for him to get a game. Hopefully it will come soon. I am nkt too sure about any defensive rooks for downgrade options, I think I will keep bugg and morris (don't have ellis) and with 300k in the bank upgrade my defs when in bye trouble and downgrade in other areas to rooks with better Js such as zorko.

tbagrocks

Quote from: weee on May 15, 2012, 11:01:25 PM
Very Interesting, Cheers for the information! :), may have to consider my self if named. But the two injuries as mentioned above is a worry, I'm looking to offload Ellis Personally, Would go Spurr but it leaves me about 2k off Heppell :\
I might even go Spurr and Bugg to Shaw after his second game! but crows do need a third tall back, Ottens not up to it

weee

Quote from: tbagrocks on May 15, 2012, 11:05:48 PM
I might even go Spurr and Bugg to Shaw after his second game! but crows do need a third tall back, Ottens not up to it

Being a tall defender, what do you expect him to average for the year? 50's, not that in really matters, as he will hopefully be a handy Bench Player with Smedts

tbagrocks

Quote from: weee on May 15, 2012, 11:07:23 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on May 15, 2012, 11:05:48 PM

Being a tall defender, what do you expect him to average for the year? 50's, not that in really matters, as he will hopefully be a handy Bench Player with Smedts
50-60 mabye
he likes to get his hands on the cog and run for Glenelg in the SANFL, could ave higher!

weee

Sounds good, but would you rate his JS potentiall higher than Brennan, Darely's (Isn't probably hard as they guys don't posses great JS), looking for someone to be playing a lot of games, as most my team has been completed...
Cheers for the great info!

tbagrocks

Quote from: weee on May 15, 2012, 11:16:12 PM
Sounds good, but would you rate his JS potentiall higher than Brennan, Darely's (Isn't probably hard as they guys don't posses great JS), looking for someone to be playing a lot of games, as most my team has been completed...
Cheers for the great info!
yep higher, once he comes in (soon) he will get more games than them