Previous topic - Next topic

Should I go Bugg --> Spurr and Magner-->Stanton

Yes
13 (61.9%)
No
8 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 1

hally25547

I am 4k away from going morris to spur and magnet to stanton. Stanton has a B/E of 51 and has three potentially high scoring games coming up with richmond, melbourne and gws.

If i want him in i have to trade out bugg for spurr. Bugg has a b/e of 69 so he is ripe for the picking but he is a solid D7 at the moment and I'm not sure if i should get rid of him.

So is stanton worth a bugg to spur trade? cheers

Jukes

Look at my picture and the text below it. Your answer is there.

Chelskiman

Stanton's ceiling is insane.  When he scores big, he goes through the roof.  He is in red hot form, but for some reason I still don't trust him, and I have no idea why.  I went Watson over him at the start of the year, so maybe I'm hoping Stanton slows down and Watson starts pumping out 150's. :P

T Dog

are you really asking..Stanton or Bugg?  :o I'd cut loose and go Stanton  8)

hally25547

Quote from: T Dog on May 15, 2012, 09:44:46 PM

it does sound dumb but that means i have to play a D7 out of morris, ellis and spurr, none of which are consistent

Mr.Craig

Quote from: hally25547 on May 15, 2012, 10:06:14 PM

it does sound dumb but that means i have to play a D7 out of morris, ellis and spurr, none of which are consistent

I've seen Morris play the last 2 rounds and I think he's really warming to the task. Guess it depends how many weeks you think it would take to turn him into a premium.

hally25547

Quote from: Mr.Craig on May 15, 2012, 10:12:02 PM
Quote from: hally25547 on May 15, 2012, 10:06:14 PM

I've seen Morris play the last 2 rounds and I think he's really warming to the task. Guess it depends how many weeks you think it would take to turn him into a premium.

Planning on going devon smith to zorko next week and then one of ellis or morris to heppell

Mr.Craig

Quote from: hally25547 on May 15, 2012, 10:19:40 PM
Planning on going devon smith to zorko next week and then one of ellis or morris to heppell

So Bugg>Spurr, Magnet>Stanton this week and Smith>Zorko, Ellis>Heppell next week. Seems reasonable.

You'd wan't to be solid on Spurr and Zorko's JS, don't want non-playing rookies through the byes because that will sting.

hally25547

Quote from: Mr.Craig on May 15, 2012, 10:28:54 PM
Quote from: hally25547 on May 15, 2012, 10:19:40 PM

So Bugg>Spurr, Magnet>Stanton this week and Smith>Zorko, Ellis>Heppell next week. Seems reasonable.

You'd wan't to be solid on Spurr and Zorko's JS, don't want non-playing rookies through the byes because that will sting.

both mature agers which helps. Spurr dominated the SANFL last year and is a quality player. Not too sure about Zorko but he sounds like a likely type

Mr.Craig

Quote from: hally25547 on May 15, 2012, 10:35:01 PM
both mature agers which helps. Spurr dominated the SANFL last year and is a quality player. Not too sure about Zorko but he sounds like a likely type

Zorko is a champ. But I think that about Tom Couch aswell... :-\

hally25547

TheHanger

noooo, bugg is going alright and I am not convinced Spurr is worth it (see A.Hall)

Chopps

to get stanton, i think you should do it

zeddyzed

So by doing this trade you go

Magner, 80 avg-Stanton 135 avg. +55
Bugg-77 avg-Morris 58 avg   -19

If your left fielding Morris and Stanton you've gained 36 points based on average...for only 2 trades! Bargain!

;D

The_Captain

release the bugg into the wild.. go stanton.. risk v reward here. But the rewards are HUGE!