Mid Upgrade

Started by Chelskiman, May 15, 2012, 12:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swan or Mitchell?

Ellis to Spurr then Shiel to Swan (Leaving me with 17 trades + $64,100)
7 (43.8%)
Shiel straight to Mitchell (Leaving me with 18 trades + $98,100)
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Chelskiman

Swan is very pricey at the moment, so not sure if I should wait until he goes down in price a bit more or just get the superstar in now.  I have $291,600 in the bank, so I can't go straight from Shiel to Swan at the moment, I have to make another downgrade somewhere, and Spurr to Eillis is looking like the most likely trade.

On the flip side, Mitchell looks very good value this week, and could end up being a bargain at only $473k.  He's also at Launceston this week where he usually scores well (disregard his last game against Sydney there) and he's also playing Freo, a team he seems to like scoring against.  If there was ever a time to bring him in, now would be that time.

tl;dr - Should I bring in Swan or Mitchell this week?

chaosAD

Swan is clearly a 15-25 point better player most weeks but going straight to mitchell and saving a trade is the best way to go, whats your midfield look like now?

Chelskiman

Quote from: chaosAD on May 15, 2012, 12:35:02 PM
Swan is clearly a 15-25 point better player most weeks but going straight to mitchell and saving a trade is the best way to go, whats your midfield look like now?

My mids would look like this.

Boyd, Pendles, Watson, Abeltt, Swan/Mitchell, Horsley - J. McDonald, C. Smith

SkyStud24

Ellis to spurr
Shiel to mitchell

then next week downgrade someone then you can bring in Swan

Mr.Craig

I was lying awake at 3am this morning thinking about Spurr's JS. I'd like to do that Ellis trade aswell, can anyone put my mind at ease?

@Chelskiman - I'm bringing in Mitch this week. Great value and even though I kind off regret picking him last season I think he's worth it this year due to the topsy turvy nature of Murph, Rockliff etc. Reasonable draw from here on in also.

langej

Ever Considered Murphy in a couple of weeks (will drop below $500k).

Justin Bieber

Wow you have a heap of trades left.

I have 13 or 14 after this round  :-X

Jukes

Quote from: whatlez on May 15, 2012, 03:04:03 PM

Yeah I have only 15 left after this week, using two next week.

Reckon you should go to Swanny, no point conserving trades when in your position.

Justin Bieber

Oh yeah I have 15 trades this week as I am not trading.

Chelskiman

Quote from: Jukes on May 15, 2012, 03:33:30 PM
Quote from: whatlez on May 15, 2012, 03:04:03 PM

Yeah I have only 15 left after this week, using two next week.

Reckon you should go to Swanny, no point conserving trades when in your position.

Yeah, I do want/need Swan.  It would mean I miss out on Mitchell, but with Murphy set to go down a lot over the next couple of weeks I could jump onto him when he bottoms out.

L.Shuey13

As much as you want Swan, you'll have to wait. He's in great form as we know, but he's also 611k. wait until he misses a BE (won't be for a while if this scoring continues), watch his price crash and pounce. you'd be better off going to Mitchell this week, or waiting a few weeks for Murphy as langej suggested.

I'm in a similar position to you, and I'll be waiting for Murphy and upgrading to swan later in the season.

Chelskiman

Swan is coming in no matter what, it's just whether I grab him now at full price or wait until he drops.  One of Mitchell and Murphy will complete my mids, I just have to decide on which one.  If it's Mitchell I need to grab him this week, but if it's Murphy then I'll grab Swan this week and wait until Murphy drops.  Ideally my mids will end up like this: Boyd, Pendlebury, Watson, Ablett, Swan, Mitchell/Murphy.