this is my team. im stuck what to do next.

Started by goodes37, May 15, 2012, 12:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goodes37

Shaddy94

strengthen backline only 1 true premium in there. maybe the likes of birchall, broughton, lids will be good picks ups by upgrading players like Burgoyne, ellis etc.

Midfield also fairly weak, try to upgrade to the likes of mitchell ($473) atm very cheap, and players like pendles, murphy always good targets. see if you can do this by upgrading magner to one of these premiums

Rucks are strong but no giles :/

Forward line also could be alot stronger

goodes37

If anyone else could help me with what to do next that would be great thanks.

Chopps

how many trades and cash available? i ll see what i can work out for you

goodes37

Quote from: Chopps on May 15, 2012, 10:34:35 PM
how many trades and cash available? i ll see what i can work out for you

20 trades  $450,000 cheers mate.

Chopps

something else i forgot to ask are you worried about the bye rounds at all? ie minimising donuts in rd11,12,13 ?

goodes37

not really mate im just after league wins

Chopps

ok so you have a messed up bye structure which is going to see you cop a few donuts but I don't think there is a great deal you can do about that.

of your players
my thinking is, Brown, J,Riewoldt, Josh Hill, Drummond & Burgoyne aren't really up to scratch for their scoring to what you want, having said that the first three are about to make you money back or make money.

Dustin martin at some point needs to end up in your forward line and with some double trades and substitutes that will happen but not yet.

I would upgrade Drummond to Deledio. this will give you a 40 point average increase this is going to cost you 182,500
I would then upgrade Ellis to shaw replacing morris on your field.

this leaves you with 18 trades and $58100

next  week I would look to downgrade one of  Brown, J,Riewoldt, josh hill

so say Hill down and  Kennedy to Sam Mitchell, this gives you another premo mid and you can swing martin to forwards in hills place and still have dpp with zorko.

at some point you need to burn a trade and get rid of jed lamb when the time is right as he is dead weight. morabito should be coming back but you may need to ask someone who is in the know on that one, as i have no idea.

so in two weeks and with 4 trades, you will oust Drummond, Ellis, Hill & Kennedy for Deledio, Shaw, Mitchell and a Rookie, it will  leave you with very little money in the bank but should improve your current scores

based on averages alone this should improve your side by 99 points per round.

Drummond 69 - Deledio 109
Morris 58 - Shaw 85 (due to morris being benched, also gives a playing bench defender)
Hill 74 - Martin 85 ( due to the kennedy switch)
Martin 85 to Mitchell 106 ( due to kennedy being the upgrade in the middle)

if this all makes sense and you think its helpful feel free to pm me for anymore help, hopefully this is of help

goodes37

Hill 74 - Martin 85 ( due to the kennedy switch)
Martin 85 to Mitchell 106 ( due to kennedy being the upgrade in the middle)

so say Hill down and  Kennedy to Sam Mitchell, this gives you another premo mid and you can swing martin to forwards in hills place and still have dpp with zorko.

Im trying to figure out these ones tell me if this is right. Downgrade hill to a good rookie, then switch adam kennedy with martin with the dpp so martin is in the forward line. Then upgrade adam kennedy to sam mitchell in the midfield?

Chopps

yep that is the one, swap kennedy for martin, so martin is a forward. downgrade hill to rookie and upgrade kennedy to mitchell

stew42

goodes37

Quote from: Chopps on May 16, 2012, 12:54:49 AM
yep that is the one, swap kennedy for martin, so martin is a forward. downgrade hill to rookie and upgrade kennedy to mitchell

ok i got it now. where do you think i should start upgrading mids or forwards, and which rookie should i get for hill?

Jukes

Affliction

Quote from: Jukes on May 16, 2012, 01:12:56 AM
This team is damaged beyond relief...

He can still fix it in time for league finals. (If he makes it)

The issue I see is he will won't have the luxury of having 8 trades available for the finals he will need to use more trades to fix his team up.

goodes37

Quote from: Affliction on May 16, 2012, 01:19:58 AM
Quote from: Jukes on May 16, 2012, 01:12:56 AM
This team is damaged beyond relief...

He can still fix it in time for league finals. (If he makes it)

The issue I see is he will won't have the luxury of having 8 trades available for the finals he will need to use more trades to fix his team up.

What do you think of broughton and birchall