End of round 8 trade. Cox to Ryder

Started by SkyStud24, May 15, 2012, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyStud24

This is trade is mainly to help with my byes. Since i have Cox, Giles, Redden and the Big O.

Dean Cox
-Average without nit nat = 120
-Average with nit nat = 88
-Round 7 BE = 45
-Round 7 Estimated score = ~100 (would be lower, but they might not put nic nat in the ruck as much this week, just to make sure his fine)
-Estimated Price rise = +$20,000
End of round 7 Price = $ 463,000

Ryder
-Average = 88
-Round 7 BE = 106
-Round 7 Estimated score = ~90
-EstimatedPrice Drop = $7,200
-End of round 7 Price = $364,000

Now if i trade Cox to Ryder i will net around 90k aswell as have a better Ruck combo going into the byes. (Ryder and Giles)
But is it worth it? or should i focus on just upgrading giles?

This 90k will help me bring in Murphy aswell into my mid. Thoughts?

Ricochet

First of all no i wouldn't trade out Cox. He's one of the only premium rucks doing well atm
Personally i would wait until closer to the byes before making any changes with your ruck setup
What if Orren and Redden still aren't getting games? your going to be needing trades to save donuts and your going to need Cox playing
Its been carnage in the Ruck department this year, i would hold off on any trades for now, at least until the Rucks sort their shower out

SkyStud24

But hes only doing well due to Nic Nat being out. Now that hes back, hes going to have 1 semi good game then go back to his nic nat averages. My guess is, that cox has hit his peak for the rest of the year, unless nic nat misses more games.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: SkyStud24 on May 15, 2012, 11:01:17 AM
Now if i trade Cox to Ryder i will net around 90k aswell as have a better Ruck combo going into the byes. (Ryder and Giles)
But is it worth it? or should i focus on just upgrading giles?

Do neither.

Doyle

Why would you trade Cox to Ryder when Cox just had a mega-ton??!

Really poor trade idea, don't do it!

Justin Bieber

Cox is the man and screw the byes.

I'm facing the same thing and Cox is relieable so I'll take the 0 and play every game instead of getting flogs who score badly or get injured ::)

Ziplock

I actually like it, and agree completely with your reasoning. Like, it's risky, but clearly nic nat is assuming the mantle of no.1 ruck this year, while cox covers the weagles lack of tall forwards atm.

go for it, as soon as nic nat comes back coxs scores will drop.

Thunderstruck

Quote from: Ziplock on May 15, 2012, 03:06:48 PM
I actually like it, and agree completely with your reasoning. Like, it's risky, but clearly nic nat is assuming the mantle of no.1 ruck this year, while cox covers the weagles lack of tall forwards atm.

which will be as soon as this coming round....

nathan11

Or will cox stay as ruck with nic nat moving forward to save him from further injury?

Chelskiman

Quote from: nathan11 on May 15, 2012, 09:32:28 PM

Or will cox stay as ruck with nic nat moving forward to save him from further injury?

This would be much better.  Loving Cox's output over the last two weeks.

oldshepp

Why not "upgrade" Giles to another premo?  I'm considering the pros and cons as the byes get closer