Main Menu

Maybe....

Started by PowerBug, May 14, 2012, 10:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

..... if the goal posts were shorter, then the players will kick more goals from set shots. :O

- Matthew Richardson

elephants

I see what he means like I've always though that the goal posts in the Wafl look wider than those in the AFL.

I think he has a point although it sounded retarded.

Jukes

Not sure about the scientific aspect of this claim but whenever I play at Claremont Oval I always kick straight down the middle but when I play at my school I shank heaps.

Justin Bieber

The F.A.R.K.

maybe because if the posts are shorter all the fowards have to do is just kick really high and the goal ump gives benefit of doubt

Bill Manspeaker

it's an optical illusion,

Richo has a point, but really... the goals that are being missed..should be kicked.

it's more on player fatigue than anything

elephants

Quote from: Jukes on May 14, 2012, 10:20:44 PM
Not sure about the scientific aspect of this claim but whenever I play at Claremont Oval I always kick straight down the middle but when I play at my school I shank heaps.

Yeah man I get this. Maybe lack of wind at Claremont?

Nails

My old man used to talk about what one of his coaches told him... I'm not sure if AFL players use it or not...

AFL players are gun at kicking to a man, so why not just line up a person in the crowd and kick it to 'em instead of worrying about the goals...

Harder than it sounds I know, but sounds good to me.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Nails on May 15, 2012, 12:59:40 AM
My old man used to talk about what one of his coaches told him... I'm not sure if AFL players use it or not...

AFL players are gun at kicking to a man, so why not just line up a person in the crowd and kick it to 'em instead of worrying about the goals...

Harder than it sounds I know, but sounds good to me.

that's it man. kick to some dude in the crowd and you'll kick it every time. alot harder when you're in front of the sticks though

Jukes

I normally just run when I mark inside the 50 because I'm better on the run, even from the boundary, then set shots from 30-40 out straight in front. Weird thing is, I'm 6 foot 3 not the expected short forward who does that :P.

elephants

Quote from: Jukes on May 15, 2012, 01:05:21 AM
I normally just run when I mark inside the 50 because I'm better on the run, even from the boundary, then set shots from 30-40 out straight in front. Weird thing is, I'm 6 foot 3 not the expected short forward who does that :P.

Not alone. Would much rather kick a check-side than a set shot and I'm not tiny (6'2 I think)...

Maybe something in the new generation of footballers, always wanting to dribble it through!

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: elephants on May 15, 2012, 01:07:20 AM
Quote from: Jukes on May 15, 2012, 01:05:21 AM

Not alone. Would much rather kick a check-side than a set shot and I'm not tiny (6'2 I think)...

Maybe something in the new generation of footballers, always wanting to dribble it through!

haha 6 2 tall??? I am 6 5 and still growin and im no where near the tallest kid in my footy team. I play the fwd pocket role not because i am small but i can take a contested mark and am quite good at reading crumbs...would much rather get the contested handpass then goal then a set shot

elephants

Don't actually play fwd that much at all. Unless we are dominating and half back is getting boring or we are getting pumped and need to try something new.
Pretty much am the spare man in defence.
So many +6ers as I hardly ever have a direct opponent apart fron the odd occasions the pesky taggers come along.

PowerBug

I am 6ft but younger than you all. And i run the boundary. :P

Jukes

Well I'm 6 2 when they measured us at the end of last season back in September, so probably an inch or two more now.

I play full forward and normally take down the big grabs then feed it off or play on.