GWS rookies to play a maximum 14 games

Started by Spite, May 14, 2012, 05:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spite

In todays Herald Sun, it says that Sheedy has said that he has a a plan to only allow GWS youngsters to play 14 games each so that they do not get burnt out.

I don't really think this is likely - or possible (unforseen injuries) but I won't be holding any GWS for cover anymore.
shiel/jmac and kennedy will be gone for me in the next 3 weeks....

GoLions

Well JMac isn't a youngster, so he should be ok.

Jukes

And I think Giles and Buggs early season form and consistent placings in the starting 18 have pretty much locked them into the starting 22 all season.

PowerBug

Quote from: Jukes on May 14, 2012, 05:45:57 PM
And I think Giles and Buggs early season form and consistent placings in the starting 18 have pretty much locked them into the starting 22 all season.
Giles isn't a rookie either.

Colliwobblers

That's a general rule same as his rotation rule to get games into all players. Hasn't stopped him from NOT rotating certain players out much and NOT resting certain players much so far.

Buntine and Patton to come in soon, soon for Patton anyway maybe as soon as next week. Darley due a run also.

I think the likes of Greene, Coniglio, Bugg and a few other could play as many as 17 or 18. Some of those kids have big bodies.

Mohr should play most games, and so will Giles but he's not a kid now is he...

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: Colliwobblers on May 14, 2012, 05:48:00 PM
That's a general rule same as his rotation rule to get games into all players. Hasn't stopped him from NOT rotating certain players out much and NOT resting certain players much so far.

Buntine and Patton to come in soon, soon for Patton anyway maybe as soon as next week. Darley due a run also.

I think the likes of Greene, Coniglio, Bugg and a few other could play as many as 17 or 18. Some of those kids have big bodies.

Mohr, Giles, McDonald will play all

Bugg, Cameron should play most

Greene Coniglio Shiel will be rotated with guys like Miles, Buntine, Tomlinson ect over coming weeks

I will be trading shiel to murphy next week and greene to ablett week after

Doyle

I don't think that Giles comes under the youngster category. The guys people should be worried about are the draft picks of 2010 and 2011, Shiel, Coniglio, D. Smith, etc. 

Slap

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on May 14, 2012, 05:56:55 PM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on May 14, 2012, 05:48:00 PM

Mohr, Giles, McDonald will play all

Bugg, Cameron should play most

Greene Coniglio Shiel will be rotated with guys like Miles, Buntine, Tomlinson ect over coming weeks

I will be trading shiel to murphy next week and greene to ablett week after

Well McDonald has already had a mini vacation earlier this year compliments of Luke Parker.

Justin Bieber

How congilio is playing then I don't see him getting 'rested'

The_Captain

should have most upgraded in the next 3-4 weeks. Hopefully jmac and giles get most of the year..