Players who should have DPP status next season?

Started by PowerMan, May 14, 2012, 04:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zombie2.5

Quote from: crabapples on May 14, 2012, 08:29:44 PM
Dnt watch much lions,
kozi should be ruc/fwd,
Nic nat ruc/mid ( to bad he'd b the only one lol)
ruck/mid...
heh heh.

picker_man

dangerfield pure mid hardly seen him in the fwd line this year

crabapples

Quote from: Zombie2.5 on May 24, 2012, 12:11:43 AM
Quote from: crabapples on May 14, 2012, 08:29:44 PM
Dnt watch much lions,
kozi should be ruc/fwd,
Nic nat ruc/mid ( to bad he'd b the only one lol)
ruck/mid...
heh heh.

I know it sounds stupid but u do see him line up the middle with cox taking the ruck. And DT/SC does distinguish rucks seperate to midfield

Justin Bieber

Cox has to be ruck/fwd

He only plays up forward.

elephants

Cox just fwd?? Would you pick him then??

Rockliff has to be fwd/mid!

shifter93

Quote from: whatlez on May 24, 2012, 10:16:36 AM
Cox has to be ruck/fwd

He only plays up forward.

Except for all those centre bounces and around ground taps he rucks.

The_Captain

Gibbs definitely has to be a def/mid next year. mzungu def/mid/fwd.

crabapples

Does anyone reckon theyd acctually make a def/mid/fwd. theres a few that could do it

dswallow24

Windigo

DT87

Not sure about these ones, but they have a chance of becoming DPP:

Jack Watts DEF/FWD
Jed Adcock DEF/MID
James Magner MID/FWD
Maybe Brendan Whitecross? He seems to get switched between DEF, MID and FWD this year.

Deledio, Sidebottom, Dangerfield and maybe Mitch Robinson and Michael Johnson should lose their DPP status.

I think Rockliff is the most tempting DPP possibility. I would accept his inconsistency this year if he was a MID/FWD.  ;D

Spite

Quote from: Windigo on June 07, 2012, 02:17:48 PM
Hamish Hartlett Mid/Def.

Would love that! Awesome pick for next season! :P

Quote from: DT87 on June 08, 2012, 01:38:44 PM
Not sure about these ones, but they have a chance of becoming DPP:

Jack Watts DEF/FWD
Jed Adcock DEF/MID
James Magner MID/FWD
Maybe Brendan Whitecross? He seems to get switched between DEF, MID and FWD this year.

Deledio, Sidebottom, Dangerfield and maybe Mitch Robinson and Michael Johnson should lose their DPP status.

I think Rockliff is the most tempting DPP possibility. I would accept his inconsistency this year if he was a MID/FWD.  ;D

Yes to the first 2. Sorry for my ignorance, but where has Michael Johnson been playing this season? Just down back? Is he loose man?

DT87

^ Johnson has only been playing down back this season. He has got the loose man job a few times, but when he does have an opponent it is usually a fairly weak one, and he is being given plenty of freedom to run off his opponent and take marks. That combined with his career best form has resulted in a significant improvement in his DT scoring and consistency this season. I think the way Lyon has structured Freo's backline this season is similar to what he did with St Kilda's around 2009-2010 - Dawson and McPharlin are getting the most accountable roles every week and every other backman is being given a fair bit of freedom, though in DT terms Johnson has benefited from the change in structure much more than any other Dockers player.

TheMailman

Jetta won't get Mid/Fwd DPP btw, just to be picky  :P

nathan11

I think we will have more ruck/fwd dpp with cox Ryder kruzer and with the afl looking at 6 mbr next year we will need them