Players who should have DPP status next season?

Started by PowerMan, May 14, 2012, 04:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spite

Quote from: DT87 on June 09, 2012, 01:21:16 PM
^ Johnson has only been playing down back this season. He has got the loose man job a few times, but when he does have an opponent it is usually a fairly weak one, and he is being given plenty of freedom to run off his opponent and take marks. That combined with his career best form has resulted in a significant improvement in his DT scoring and consistency this season. I think the way Lyon has structured Freo's backline this season is similar to what he did with St Kilda's around 2009-2010 - Dawson and McPharlin are getting the most accountable roles every week and every other backman is being given a fair bit of freedom, though in DT terms Johnson has benefited from the change in structure much more than any other Dockers player.

Awesome, good info, cheered you mate :)

WizzFizz

Goddard should be def mid fwd
He is everywhere
Kicking a goal then smothering a kick at the other end

Spite

Been to all collingwood home games bar one, heath shaw might get fwd/def dpp as he has started in the forward line about 30-40% of the time and then slowly moved back as the match progresses.

Justin Bieber

Went to the game last night and rocky played at least 50% up forward..

Scrads

Shuey Kicked 14.13 in 13 games, averaging over 2 scoring shots per game, hasn't had a game yet where he hasn't scored at least a point...

Surely a Forward...?

Spite

Quote from: Scrads on July 15, 2012, 12:25:36 PM
Shuey Kicked 14.13 in 13 games, averaging over 2 scoring shots per game, hasn't had a game yet where he hasn't scored at least a point...

Surely a Forward...?

Reminds me of that season when Gaz kicked over 40 goals? (That did happen didn't it, not just in my head?) and was just named as a mid?

Hagebear

Everyones favourite DT'er.... Greg Broughton DEF/FWD if he stays up forward for the rest of the year?? Hopefully will be a few more DEF/MID rookies next year as we havent had many worth considering. Luke Brown and Docherty were prett much locks at the start of the year but havent got games, and baguley is about 5 rounds to late.

picker_man

no mention of Daisy ??? he's my smokie for DPP next yr ;)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: picker_man on July 24, 2012, 03:33:54 PM
no mention of Daisy ??? he's my smokie for DPP next yr ;)

Possible captain of the cruisers haha

aces-high

B.S

Quote from: DT87 on June 08, 2012, 01:38:44 PM
Not sure about these ones, but they have a chance of becoming DPP:

Jack Watts DEF/FWD
Jed Adcock DEF/MID
James Magner MID/FWD
Maybe Brendan Whitecross? He seems to get switched between DEF, MID and FWD this year.

Deledio, Sidebottom, Dangerfield and maybe Mitch Robinson and Michael Johnson should lose their DPP status.

I think Rockliff is the most tempting DPP possibility. I would accept his inconsistency this year if he was a MID/FWD.  ;D

Would have to agree with Whitecross getting fwd/mid. Getting 15 marks against essendon with 29 disposals all on half-back roving would surely point to midfield time and dpp status. Robbo will keep dpp IMO. Dont agree with magner or adcock though.

Justin Bieber

Yeah Robbo plays more up forward than midfield.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: whatlez on August 01, 2012, 05:18:42 PM
Yeah Robbo plays more up forward than midfield.

I'd be very surprised if he loses it. Has contested the majority of centre bounces in the Carlton games I've seen this year and is ranked equal 4th in clearances at the club.

DT87

Having a FWD/RUC DPP link looks like the way to go next season to compensate for the likely lack of a Zac Smith or Jonathan Giles type rookie priced ruckman. Jarryd Roughead is the only good premium option this season, so obviously some more FWD/RUC premiums next year would be very useful, but I'm not sure that will happen. The only fantasy relevant player whose goals/hitouts per game has increased enough to possibly warrant FWD/RUC status next season is Dean Cox, who has averaged 1.2 goals per game so far this season compared to 0.8 in 2011. However Champion Data seem pretty reluctant to call a player who is one of the best in their preferred position a utility, think of Ablett after his 44 goal season in 2010. I don't think any other premium ruckmen or forwards have had enough of an increase in their goal kicking or hitouts this season to suggest they have much of a chance of gaining FWD/RUC status (Naitanui is close, but he is less likely than Cox). Definitely not Drew Petrie, who has averaged just 2.2 hitouts per game this season - even the 186 cm midget "ruckman" Jordan Lewis has averaged almost as many hitouts as Petrie.

Statistically speaking, the most likely players to gain FWD/RUC status next season (unless I've missed anyone) are probably:

- Shaun Hampson (1.2 goals per game this season, up from only 0.3 in 2011)
- Zac Clarke (increased from 0.5 to 1.0 goals per game, Ross Lyon has completely changed his role from a tackle-hungry midfield ruckman to a forward/backup ruckman)
- Josh Jenkins (1.1 goals and 5.7 hitouts per game in his debut season)
- Charlie Dixon (6.3 hitouts and 0.3 goals per game this season, compared with 0.9 hitouts and 0.6 goals in 2011)
- Israel Folau (A pathetic 1 goal from 10 games playing mostly forward, but averages 5.7 hitouts per game as a backup ruckman)

I think you'd have to be very brave to pick any of them in 2013, though. Roughead has lifted his averages for both hitouts and goals this season, so he should keep his FWD/RUC status and looks like the best option again.

Capper

Quote from: 2 large cokes on May 14, 2012, 06:45:20 PM
Quote from: crabapples on May 14, 2012, 06:17:39 PM
Jimmy bartel. The 1st def/fwd/mid lol..

Petrie has hardly rucked this year though

if anyone in the comp should be a 3 position players it's roughead. back/ruck/fwd :)
I dont think Roughie will but Bartel and ROK should be
and LRT Back/Fwd/RUCK