SPURR
22 (73.3%)
BRENNAN
1 (3.3%)
Neither...
7 (23.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

deekay

These western rookie defenders are surely on everyones radar...maybe one more than the other.
Spurr - first game sub and has been a solid performer when he played in the SANFL.
Brennan - father son rule, his dad was a legend and playing 2 games straight without getting the vest is he the man for the job.

So here's whats on the agenda, do you trade one of these in for that SPUD Ellis or do you keep ellis for that JS until the byes? Another option is trading out 2 rookies and bringing in both of these, making heaps of $$$ and using it for upgrades. Lastly, probably the most common, bring in one of the above and keep your other rookie on the bench for JS.

What are your thoughts?

SB-67

Cicjose

ellis isnt a spud but if you didnt trade him out last week then i feel sorry for you

Slap

If your not in a rush docherty should be sowing through soon I'd imagine.  He has been playing well in the reserves.

Windigo

Docherty might get call up this week.

But Spurr looks a more 'solid' choice.

m1tch robo

any news on sam darley? he could be a good downgrade too

Holz

If he can pump out a 60 average and play every week he will be a fantastic pick

Andrew

Thinking of holding Ellis until after Lake's bye and then grabbing him... if not holding Ellis all year and upgrading Morris instead..? I don't see good downgrade options in defence and I at least want players who play regularly to cover Bugg's inevitable rests and Hargrave's inevitable 1 week injuries.

The F.A.R.K.

Brennan is a jet i really rate him...he could play out rest of year but is huge risk

Spurr more likely to hold spot

I will be doing ellis to spur this week then looking at morris to doecherty when he cracks into side

LF

Brennan will more than likely be dropped this week since schofield is due back
So Spurr would be the better pickup but I also think he is a risky downgrade

Slap

Quote from: luvfooty on May 14, 2012, 06:15:20 PM
Brennan will more than likely be dropped this week since schofield is due back
So Spurr would be the better pickup but I also think he is a risky downgrade

Not to mention the handful of 'best 22' players due back in 6-8 weeks from injury... Josh Kennedy, mark nicoski, Andrew embley etc.

The_Captain

Schofeild back, Smith likely to be back, also selwood to come back. 3 defenders.. so Shepard, Brown and brennan will all go and brennan is first on that list of the 3, so no chance of getting a game this week...Go Spurrrrr!

Colliwobblers

Can you seriously consider a rookie playing for Lyons?

Windigo

Yeah, Spuff just seems dodgy.

Here's hoping Wilkes has a good game tonight.  ;)