Main Menu

ESSENDON - Where will they finish?

Started by essendon2, May 14, 2012, 11:16:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukes

Bombers, West Coast, Carlton, Collingwood, Adelaide and Hawthorn. Take your pick from those as to who'll be top 4.

Reckon we'll win about 11 and lose about 4 in our run home, and that should be enough for a top 4 spot, probably higher at 17 and 5. Could go 18-4, but who knows. Relies a lot on injuries and luck.

nostradamus

As an Essendon supporter l think the key to our top 4 aspirations lies in the games that we "should" win. lf we can become a team that doesn't take its foot off the pedal when facing mediocre opposition, then we will have turned the corner. We need to become more ruthless and absolutely smash teams when the opportunity arises, instead of only producing inspirational efforts against top teams.

Cayenne

Quote from: nostradamus on May 14, 2012, 03:01:28 PM
As an Essendon supporter l think the key to our top 4 aspirations lies in the games that we "should" win. lf we can become a team that doesn't take its foot off the pedal when facing mediocre opposition, then we will have turned the corner. We need to become more ruthless and absolutely smash teams when the opportunity arises, instead of only producing inspirational efforts against top teams.
This is the only thing I think they're lacking at the moment, and the only thing that makes me say that was watching the Gold Coast game.

Jukes

Love how we beat the eagles by more then we beat GC and Port by :D

essendon2

Quote from: Jukes on May 14, 2012, 03:59:22 PM
Love how we beat the eagles by more then we beat GC and Port by :D
and we've got Richmond, GWS and Melbourne in our next 3  ;)

Bombers Suck

18-4. LOL A bit ambitious, spose you have one of the easiest runs in the comp. However cant be relying on 37 year olds to stay fresh every week and 2 decent midfeilders. Good luck with that but!

aces-high

I think carlton are the only team imo who will 100% be top 4! The bombers, eagles, pies, hawks and swans (with goodes and a fit mummy) all have the ability to be top 4. The teams least effected by injury out of those should join the blues in the 4. I hope for u mate that the bombers can continue in their fantastic start to the year. There is no reason they cant continue this success and with a fit watson ur team is as good as anyone atm. Good luck for the year and i reckon use will finish 4th :)

SB-67

Cookie Monster

To be honest, i will be happy with a home final than the double chance.

Reasons.
1: It will be considered a significant improvment from last year.

2: Then next year, for an improvement we will have to win the flag if we finish top 4 this year, so a big step there.

Okay, now that's out of the way, here's some points.

We need to SMASH teams like Richmond if we are to be a top 4 team, and we should anhillate teams like GWS coming up, yes we almost lost to GC, but hey, a wins a win, and i'm sure Hird would have addresed that to the troops, look what happened the week after, since the GC game, we have won by, 30+ 60+ and 60+ and a loss by 1 point, that Carlton game was a turn around.

And a lot of people say if you played West Coast in Perth we would of lost, yes, but if we are top 4 material we should beat other top 4 teams at their home ground.

Looking at the draw, i would give Freo and Adelaide 2 losses, maybe Freo we can win, but they way Adelaide are playing there atm they are unbeatable. If Essendon continue the attack at the goals in the next few weeks and we don't have the curse of the bye, then i think we can beat Freo.

You look at the draw and there is no reason we can't be 10-1 going into the bye, it's what's after.

Freo in Perth, since 2000 we have beaten them twice in Perth 3 times, including finals.

We have a good recored at Etihad against the hawks, but no guarantees there.

Geelong i believe we can win, Bulldogs Saints and Port, and 2 from the last 4 games.

but, you never know what can happen, our team now won't be the same in Round 16, fatigue, injuries will all kick in, i certainly hope not, but they may, and you can not get THAT far ahead of yourself in Round 7 saying we may win the minor Premiership.

Come back down to earth people, yes we have had a good start, but it's 7 rounds young, teams will develop as the season goes, Hawthorn, Collingwood, Geelong all those teams will get better and we may struggle against those teams.

5-6 place for us, with Hawks, Collingwood, Carlton and West Coast to fill the top 4.

roo boys!

Reading this whole thread, I keep thinking...if HMac had just kicked straight, then things would be looking a little different right about now!

Boomz

Quote from: roo boys! on May 15, 2012, 06:54:07 PM
Reading this whole thread, I keep thinking...if HMac had just kicked straight, then things would be looking a little different right about now!

and if we had taken our chances earlier in that match we would have won by 20+ ;) it is what it is :P

essendon2

Quote from: Boomz on May 16, 2012, 06:21:04 AM
Quote from: roo boys! on May 15, 2012, 06:54:07 PM

and if we had taken our chances earlier in that match we would have won by 20+ ;) it is what it is :P
worst umpiring I've ever seen in that game , omg

Bomber Boy

Top 4's my bet.

Had to pick 1-2 though:)