Main Menu

ESSENDON - Where will they finish?

Started by essendon2, May 14, 2012, 11:16:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

essendon2

I'm not going to vote ~ try to be fair and not bias if you hate Essendon because I know there are a lot of you out there. I also know this is the wrong board - but this gets a lot more views and opinions!

with a win over West Coast, I definitely think we can finish in the top 4.

Tyes

I say 4th or 5th. Looking good though! I couldnt even pick the top four at the moment  :-\

afl_freak2

essendon2

Quote from: Tyes on May 14, 2012, 11:18:59 AM
I say 4th or 5th. Looking good though! I couldnt even pick the top four at the moment  :-\
All fixed!

who do you think we'll lose to?

Tyes

Quote from: essendon2 on May 14, 2012, 11:21:18 AM
Quote from: Tyes on May 14, 2012, 11:18:59 AM
All fixed!

who do you think we'll lose to?

GWS  ;)

It's honestly to hard to say. You play Hawthorn, Collingwood and Carlton so that could be three loses. It's all to hard to predict at the moment. So many sides up and about. I think Richmond might give you guys a scare this week too. And no i'm not a Richmond supporter I actually follow the Hawks  >:(

tor01doc

I think luck will play a part.

WCE / Carlton / Geelong / Adelaide / Sydney / my mighty Hawks and even Collingwood and Freo are in the mix.

What is Essendon's draw like?

If they play GWS / GCS and Melbourne twice then top 4 is possible.

essendon2

Quote from: tor01doc on May 14, 2012, 11:25:50 AM
I think luck will play a part.

WCE / Carlton / Geelong / Adelaide / Sydney / my mighty Hawks and even Collingwood and Freo are in the mix.

What is Essendon's draw like?

If they play GWS / GCS and Melbourne twice then top 4 is possible.
I'm sorry, but whoever voted 9-10 is a fukcing idiot...

Next 3 games:
Richmond, Gws, Melb

Round 17,18,19:
Hawks,
Geelong,
Adelaide (AAMI)

penskifile

It's a very open season. You might sneak into the top 4. It looks like you guys are peaking at the moment though, a lot of teams try to peak in form at the business end. Think the Bombers need another season development and be serious challenges next year

Ricochet

Looking at the rest of the year:
Richmond @ MCG Unsure (last week i would have said Win but Richmond were impressive on the wkend)
GWS @ doesn't matter where Win
Melb @ MCG Win
Syd @ Etihad Win (locked in Win because no Goodes and at Etihad)
BYE
Fremantle @ Patersons Unsure (Said Unsure only because its at Patersons)
Bulldogs @ Eithad Win (I know Bullies were good yesterday but still think Bombers would beat them fairly easily)
St Kilda @ Etihad Unsure
Port @ AAMI Win
Cats @ Etihad Unsure
Hawks @ Etihad Unsure
Adelaide @ AAMI Unsure (only because its at AAMI)
North @ Eithad Win
Carlton @ MCG Unsure
Richmond @ MCG Unsure (said Unsure based on what happens next week)
Collingwood @ MCG Unsure

To finish top 4 you generally need 15-17 wins
Atm Bombers have 6 wins
I have locked in 6 wins
They only need another 3-5 to finish top 4 and can proly get them through the St Kilda, Richmond and Freo games plus sneak in a couple of the harder games

Tyes

Quote from: Ricochet on May 14, 2012, 11:36:25 AM
Richmond @ MCG Unsure (last week i would have said Win but Richmond were impressive on the wkend)
Melb @ MCG Win
BYE
Bulldogs @ Eithad Win (I now Bullies were good yesterday but still think Bombers would beat them fairly easily)
St Kilda @ Etihad Unsure
Port @ AAMI Win
Cats @ Etihad Unsure
Hawks @ Etihad Unsure
North @ Eithad Win
Carlton @ MCG Unsure
Collingwood @ MCG Unsure

Atm Bombers have 6 wins
I have locked in 6 wins
They only need another 3-5 to finish top 4 and can proly get them through the St Kilda, Richmond and Freo games plus sneak in a couple of the harder games

Completly agree, all depends if the bombers burn out to quick. Also depends if Hawthorn and Collingwood can start playing the footy they are capable of. Forget Gellong this year, apart from beating the Hawks, which at the moment they could do with 3 blind people in wheelchairs because for some unknown reason Hawthorn seem to go "Oh you're Gellong? Excuse me while I bend over and let you destroy me" they have been very unimpressive. Getting smashed in cont possesions is not going to see you in top 4 this year.
On a side note I always enjoy your work ethic on this forum Ricochet! Cheer for you  ;D

essendon2

Quote from: Ricochet on May 14, 2012, 11:36:25 AM
Melb @ MCG Win
BYE
Bulldogs @ Eithad Win (I now Bullies were good yesterday but still think Bombers would beat them fairly easily)
St Kilda @ Etihad Unsure
Port @ AAMI Win
Cats @ Etihad Unsure
Hawks @ Etihad Unsure
North @ Eithad Win
Carlton @ MCG Unsure
Collingwood @ MCG Unsure

Atm Bombers have 6 wins
I have locked in 6 wins
Richmond @ MCG Win
Melb @ MCG Win
BYE
Fremantle @ Patersons Loss (always lose over there)
Bulldogs @ Eithad Win
St Kilda @ Etihad Win (always beat Saints)
Port @ AAMI Win
Cats @ Etihad Unsure
Hawks @ Etihad Unsure
Adelaide @ AAMI Loss (lose, always lose at AAMI)
North @ Eithad Win
Carlton @ MCG Loss (always lose the 2nd clash)
Richmond @ MCG Win
Collingwood @ MCG Unsure

owenbond007

Im a essendon supporter, but without being bias we will finish in the top 4 easily, I wouldnt be surprised if we win the minor premiership. With the attacking style of football, hard tackling, fast rebounding its going to be hard for any team to stop us posting winning scores.

I hear a lot of people say that the eagles had a lot of injuries, that pies had a lot when we play them, without any mention of all the injuries amd outs we have had.

essendon2

That's 9 wins ~ +6 = 15
that's 60 points!

and then there's Unsure's against Cats, Hawks, Collingwood and losses to Freo, Adelaide and Carlton

Cayenne

Quote from: owenbond007 on May 14, 2012, 12:08:20 PM
I hear a lot of people say that the eagles had a lot of injuries, that pies had a lot when we play them, without any mention of all the injuries amd outs we have had.
It will depend on how they go about player management as well. They seem to be renowned for injuries from running players into the ground. It's not so much about having all your boys in good nick early, it's having all the top form players fit and firing come september that matters.

They could lose half their list by round 14 or so and fade out at the end of the year.

ZLATAN

I'm a bomber and I firmly beleive we can finish top 4 only if everything goes our way from now on having said that football doesn't work like that and I think we will effectively end up around 5th, Which is fine by me it shows how far we would have come in 18 months.

2013 we can win the whole thing.