Help improve my side

Started by Chopps, May 14, 2012, 12:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chopps

i have $256,300 in the bank.

i am at a loss to what i will do this week, ellis looks maxed but his bye is handy, i need more premo mids but hard to make that trade with cash cows scoring well, need a ruck to sort out rd 11 bye issue of cox/giles. unless redden and stephenson play. also need one more forward would like to cull milera but another good bye.

what would you do?

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Waters,  Hargrave, Clarke, Bugg <Morris, Ellis> byes - 3/2/4
mid: Swan, Murphy, Selwood, Rockliff, Greene, Horsley <Magner, Mcdonald> Byes 3/3/2
Ruck: Cox, Giles <Redden, Stephenson> 2/1/1
Forw: Robinson, sidebottom, beams, franklin, Dangerfield, Martin, Treloar <Adams, milera> byes 3/2/4

kilbluff1985

i would spend it on your mids Pendles maybe while his a bit cheap

Chopps

Quote from: kilbluff1995 on May 14, 2012, 12:56:30 AM
i would spend it on your mids Pendles maybe while his a bit cheap

cant spend in the mids plus pendles doesnt work for the byes, pendles is rd 12 and so is swan and selwood, plus i dont think i can cull any of greene, horsley, magner or old mac *unless he doesnt play again*

andyandy89

Are you having a cheeky brag? haha nah jks

But seriously, that team is strong! Nothing wrong with waiting a week or two saving trades,  only milera and ellis would be almost ready to get rid of. I wouldn't worry about your forwards for a while, I would get a gun defender first, maybe scotland. then get another mid in a couple weeks once jmac,greene and magner are topped out.

Spite

Magner to Mitchell who has bottomed out and has a lovely run coming up. If you don't do it, you risk falling behind. That also works for bye. I hope you have a good bye strategy in place, I can see one forming :P

Chopps

Quote from: andyandy89 on May 14, 2012, 01:13:17 AM
Are you having a cheeky brag? haha nah jks

But seriously, that team is strong! Nothing wrong with waiting a week or two saving trades,  only milera and ellis would be almost ready to get rid of. I wouldn't worry about your forwards for a while, I would get a gun defender first, maybe scotland. then get another mid in a couple weeks once jmac,greene and magner are topped out.

not cocky enough to brag :D cant save trades i am a trade aholic plus cant let leaders get away i am / was 350 points off the lead ranked 164th so waiting cant happen

Quote from: Spite on May 14, 2012, 01:18:20 AM
Magner to Mitchell who has bottomed out and has a lovely run coming up. If you don't do it, you risk falling behind. That also works for bye. I hope you have a good bye strategy in place, I can see one forming :P

i thought mitchell but that takes abletts place i am thinking ablett and boyd for last mids.
i am trying to form a bye strategy but i dont really have one

2 large cokes

Ellis to heppel/broughts would be my first move to make it a 3/3/3 structure.
then when enough money milera to probably zaha/pav. which will also make it a 3/3/3.
if sandi can string a couple together I'd look at him before round 11 for either O or redden and probably cop the 0 unless Stephenson or redden look like playing.
then the next thing would be after the round 11 bye magner to Scotty Thompson.
obviously youll have to make trades with your rookie to make money along the way but I wouldn't stress to much the team looks solid!

SB-67

SB-67

Quote from: SB-67 on May 14, 2012, 01:25:23 AM
Milera > Zaha  ;)
wait a minute, I just noticed that Martin is your 6th FWD... ::) I have no idea what you should do, your team is so strong! mabye if anything Ellis > Hepp?

2 large cokes

Milera > Zaha  ;)
Quote from: SB-67 on May 14, 2012, 01:27:58 AM
Milera > Zaha  ;)
wait a minute, I just noticed that Martin is your 6th FWD... ::) I have no idea what you should do, your team is so strong! mabye if anything Ellis > Hepp?

copy cat from ballarat? ;)

Chopps

Milera > Zaha  ;)

possibility would then be copping a rd 12 donut with sidey and beams out

Chopps

Quote from: 2 large cokes on May 14, 2012, 01:22:11 AM
Ellis to heppel/broughts would be my first move to make it a 3/3/3 structure.
then when enough money milera to probably zaha/pav. which will also make it a 3/3/3.
if sandi can string a couple together I'd look at him before round 11 for either O or redden and probably cop the 0 unless Stephenson or redden look like playing.
then the next thing would be after the round 11 bye magner to Scotty Thompson.
obviously youll have to make trades with your rookie to make money along the way but I wouldn't stress to much the team looks solid!

Ellis to Heppel/scotland is on the cards, not sold on broughts
Milera to zaha/ pav. thats a difficult one
dont think i will go near sandi but dont know who else seems odd to be saying maric and the like
scotty t i like but boyd wins out.

cheers for the thoughts

Spite

Inboxed you an impressive (if I may say so myself) bye strategy. It is pretty late so there may be some mistakes, but it looks pretty good.

Chopps

Quote from: Spite on May 14, 2012, 01:53:26 AM
Inboxed you an impressive (if I may say so myself) bye strategy. It is pretty late so there may be some mistakes, but it looks pretty good.

you sir are a champ, cheers

Tyes

Target Mitchell in the mids, the hawks are on the up.. slowly i may add. His standards are exceptional and I wouldnt expect him to have any more bad games. Most certainly the cheapest you will get him all year. It's now or never.
But Ablett and Boyd are also solid options.
Ellis => Scotland makes your team look god like  ;D