Previous topic - Next topic

Cicjose

congratulations on your 500th goal for your career

Colliwobblers

Yeah super career,  one more notch to add to his bow

RiOtChEsS

flowering gun... an old plug i did on him for a team i drafted

Quote from: Marcz on June 27, 2011, 09:06:19 PM
192cm 102 kegs this guy would have been one of the best fullbacks of all time yet...

he was so good that he can go anywhere on the field his team needs him except ruck and succeed...

named in the All-Australian Teams six times: in 2002 (fullback), 2003 (half forward flank), 2005 (centre half forward), 2006 (interchange), 2007 (full forward) and 2008 (interchange).

249 games 483 goals i select Matthew Pavlich at Fullback

B: ______, Matthew Pavlich, ______
HB: ______, Glen Jackovich, ______
C: ______, Michael Voss, ______
HF: ______, Lance Franklin, ______
FF: ______, Tony Lockett, ______
Followers: Aaron Sandilands, ______, ______

valkorum

Not bad if a fullback is kicking 500 career goals ;)

Great effort Pav and as always playing the team card in the interview.

ossie85

Quote from: valkorum on May 14, 2012, 10:41:51 AM
Not bad if a fullback is kicking 500 career goals ;)

Lynchy!

Pav has been one of my favourites for years. People always use to compare him with J Brown and N Riewoldt, and say he was a distant 3rd. I disagree. I know who I'd like in my team right now.

valkorum

As a pure CHF then I would go Brown, Pav, Roo.  As a player in general I gotta go Pav, Brown, Roo.  I think Roo is highly over-rated but that's another story.

elephants

Onya Pav, as much as I cringe when you get the ball (mainly through derby nerves) you are a gun and deservedly decorated player in WA footy.

Cicjose

do we reckon he can get 600?

elephants

Quote from: Cicjose on May 15, 2012, 12:52:59 AM
do we reckon he can get 600?
He's only 31 right? If Freo play him exclusively as a forward and stay a top 5-6 team I don't think 40 goals a season is out of reach!

valkorum

He still has the rest of this year plus he is still contracted for another 2 seasons.  I cant see him being played anywhere else other than forward.  What is surprising me is that Pav is only 6 career goals less than J Brown.  Admittedly Brown has played about 50 games less than Pav - but Pav played 2 seasons as a backman and most of last season as a midfielder.

Capper

Put on your Superman capes boys, it's Wharfie time!

Well done big fella, glad you are in my team

Jonty21

Pav has had a great career. Many goals still to come :)

Shihan7

Pav will always be regarded as a legend and he has many more goals in the future.

RiOtChEsS

If he played in Melbourne the wraps on him would be bigger than they currently are no doubts about it