10 (14.5%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: May 19, 2012, 05:13:21 PM

owenbond007

ok just looking to see what everyones thoughts on Ellis this week

jfitty

Keep an eye on Spurr this afternoon. Could be the perfect downgrade for Ellis

owenbond007

Will be, but not sure on Spurr JS. Freo have a bit of depth in defence, Silvagni and him will be battling hard for that spot.

Alka

There's not exactly a lot of defense downgrade options around though, so might have to jump on whatever crops up.

Colliwobblers

just look at conca's 2011 and expect a similar scenario for ellis. Should be played for full games for most of the season, only difference is i think Ellis will be a half back running defender for life not moved to the midfield like conca. Conca was always going to be a midfielder not sure Ellis will but am sure they will want him playing and learning and improving.

Wouldn't be making ANY DEF trades until the byes. hopefuly there is a bubble rook available in rounds 12 or 13 to jump on or we might all eat an extra donut or two down back....

jfitty

Quote from: Alka on May 13, 2012, 05:22:09 PM
There's not exactly a lot of defense downgrade options around though, so might have to jump on whatever crops up.

Exactly! Only ones I can think of that might get a gig are Docherty and possibly Luke Brown later on. Although if you have Smedts or Morris on your bench as well (who both seem to have worked their way into the best 22) it would be a good downgrade IMO

Jmoney

Either way, with a BE of 98, his time is up, and his round 13 bye is useless too.  Time to upgrade to Heppel.

Torress

you can't predict this stuff (vests). BE is 90 something - tigers fixture isn't too bad for next half a dozen games. you don't have to trade him yet. although lee spur does sound good. pretty sure he is a mature ager, roberton gets the green vest as well which is appealing for spur. . i think i'd rather upgrade ellis than downgrade personally atm. might be a straight and unfortunate swap for sam darley (spur). coulda picked so many others but wanted a bit of difference with darley - problem is when i trade him the guy will get picked!

Colliwobblers

darley is overdue....

Justin Bieber

Ellis to spurr.

Will give me enough money to complete my side by the byes.

essendon2

i started the year with Darley, i see no point in getting rid of him yet !

Justin Bieber

Quote from: essendon2 on May 13, 2012, 05:40:58 PM
i started the year with Darley, i see no point in getting rid of him yet !

Why ???

stew42

My backline is set, and I'm happy as Larry to leave him on the pine. I'm too busy bringing in mid premos :)

owenbond007

Quote from: Alka on May 13, 2012, 05:22:09 PM

I was actually downgrading, Im upgrading. Goddard will come into my side this week. And I was looking for opinions on Ellis JS. Currently i have Bugg, Ellis who look to be hitting their top dollar. I also can trade a smith to goddard with the dual positioning ability of smedts. But I dont want to trade Ellis cause he is planned for a r13 chop, but he could be potentially 30-50K cheaper if he cops another green vest by then.

Ricochet

Look how much carnage there has been in the first seven rounds, who knows what will happen in the next four before the byes, or even through them.
If Ellis is on your bench i would hold him. Most ppl have Morris or Bugg as cover and their JS looks to be solid.
IMO a trade to Spurr is a waste because we just don't know what will happen come byes, especially in Ross Lyons camp.