Where is the lid?

Started by AFEV, May 12, 2012, 11:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFEV

Anyone know where the lid is?  ???

Boomz

Haven't seen it since the 3rd quarter of the Wet Toast smashing >:D

elephants

I could play the old 10 out of our best 22 out but i wont.

We were bad.

AFEV

Quote from: elephants on May 13, 2012, 12:12:50 AM

We were bad.
On your injury list (last updated 4 days ago) I count 6.
Nicoski, JJK, LeCras (but he's gone for the season anyway, so can't really rely on him coming back), Selwood, Nicnat and Embley. If you want to count Priddis, it's 7.
We have Winderlich, Hurley, McVeigh, Myers, Hibberd and Hille out.
The quality of your players out undoubtably better, but structurally are (arguably) as important.

Either way doesn't justify a 10 goal loss :C
But hey. Lets not get into this. Just more proof that the competition is very close this year. :)

Boomz

We were bad.

No excuse for such a hiding especially when we have Hurley, Winders, Hibberd, Hille, Myers, Pears etc out ourselves...

Cookie Monster

Michael Hurley will be back next week >:D finally.

We were brilliant today, our whole team is functioning, Hooker marks in defence, kicks to Stanton in the midfield, and then go to Ryder
at CHF and then Crameri at FF.

My lid, is over in Perth, i left it with the West Coast team.

elephants

Quote from: Sid on May 13, 2012, 12:38:35 AM

We were bad.
Nicoski, JJK, LeCras (but he's gone for the season anyway, so can't really rely on him coming back), Selwood, Nicnat and Embley. If you want to count Priddis, it's 7.
The quality of your players out undoubtably better, but structurally are (arguably) as important.

But hey. Lets not get into this. Just more proof that the competition is very close this year. :)

We have different ideas of the Eaglesa best 22 but hey, this isn't what the thread is about.

I admit we were shocking but most of all the bombers were very very good and proved that they are a real top 5/6 threat due to their incredible depth.

May get attacked here but the injuries to the Bombers side may have been a blessing in disguise. All those games into frongie players last year are really paying off!

Boomz

Quote from: elephants on May 13, 2012, 01:15:36 PM
Quote from: Sid on May 13, 2012, 12:38:35 AM

We were bad.

We have different ideas of the Eaglesa best 22 but hey, this isn't what the thread is about.

I admit we were shocking but most of all the bombers were very very good and proved that they are a real top 5/6 threat due to their incredible depth.

May get attacked here but the injuries to the Bombers side may have been a blessing in disguise. All those games into frongie players last year are really paying off!

True in a way. Our depth is really good at the moment... Don't see how Mcveigh/Hille/Myers are going to get back in  :-X Not sure who we will even drop for Hurley & Pears  :-\ Not a bad problem to have though  ;D

Jukes

We had no Hurley, Hille, Winderlich, Hibberd, Myers and Prismall not playing from our best bunch. Yet we still won by ten goals. If both teams had their best players playing we would've won still. We eased off in the last quarter too.

elephants

Quote from: Jukes on May 13, 2012, 08:46:48 PM
We had no Hurley, Hille, Winderlich, Hibberd, Myers and Prismall not playing from our best bunch. Yet we still won by ten goals. If both teams had their best players playing we would've won still. We eased off in the last quarter too.

To be fair when you're 10 goals down the motivation to give 100% isn't really there.

Jukes

Quote from: elephants on May 13, 2012, 08:59:01 PM

To be fair when you're 10 goals down the motivation to give 100% isn't really there.

When you're 10 goals up the motivation to give 100% isn't really there.

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: Jukes on May 13, 2012, 09:08:03 PM

Both valid points.

TheMailman

From a neutral point of view West Coast had a much bigger disadvantage with injuries.

Hille Hibberd and Prismall, Winders and the rest are are all decent players but really they aren't as good (or crucial) as the Priddis, Nicnat, Selwood, JJK combo.

Yet with all the players back in I wouldn't of been suprised if Essendon won anyway. Well played

elephants

Quote from: Jukes on May 13, 2012, 09:08:03 PM

True, so saying the foot was off the pedal late means nothing as both teams knew the game was done.

DazBurg

the lid is still firmly on
until we prove we can win the games we should win

we are always good against the top teams
it's when we play the lower ones we seem to not turn up
next 4 weeks will tell alot
Richmond, GWS, Melbourne and sydney