Stantz the greatest dream teamer of all time...

Started by hawks4life, May 12, 2012, 10:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owenbond007

Quote from: mpollock on May 13, 2012, 04:03:43 AM
I am still surprised when people talk about the best in the game they always mention Ablett, Swan, Pendles, Judd ...

People seem to forget Franklin (to a lesser extend as he gets some recognition + his knockers), Cloke, Goodes, Cox, N.Roo (leaving last yr aside), Scarlett, Glass, Ling (tagger ... prior to retiring last year) ...

Footy is much more then onballers ...  :)

For me if I could pick any player in the competition to be in my team it would be Franklin ... guys like him come around once in a generation ... Could play anywhere ... has kicked 100 goals when everyone said that couldn't be done in the modern game ... I am a little bias however being a hawks surporter  ;D

aka Wayne Carey was a gun no umpire man crush though.

tbagrocks

btw bondy! to say that Bartel (how good is this guy) Judd WTF, ever Cooney when he was tearing it up, don't deserve their Brownlow's ha

Jimmy Bartel is like the toughest, most skilled, all rounded player in the comp, the kids a champ

owenbond007

Bartel is good but if Bartel and Watson played on each other we all know who woul trump out and dominated the game. Funny last year swan Brownlow medalist, pendle b & f. So who is the better player?

mpollock

@tbagrocs - +1 Bartel is a gun!!

@owenbond007 ... Swan hurts the opposition more then Pendles i recken ...

tbagrocks

Quote from: owenbond007 on May 13, 2012, 04:16:59 AM
Bartel is good but if Bartel and Watson played on each other we all know who woul trump out and dominated the game. Funny last year swan Brownlow medalist, pendle b & f. So who is the better player?
Swan! & there's no way in the heat when the finals there to be won that Jobe would beat Jimmy!

owenbond007

Quote from: tbagrocks on May 13, 2012, 04:20:50 AM
Swan! & there's no way in the heat when the finals there to be won that Jobe would beat Jimmy!

If cats are there we will find out. oh kelly will tag Watson, Hocking will go to Selwood, who plays on JB, nobody. Why not?

tbagrocks

Quote from: owenbond007 on May 13, 2012, 04:24:46 AM
Quote from: tbagrocks on May 13, 2012, 04:20:50 AM

If cats are there we will find out. oh kelly will tag Watson, Hocking will go to Selwood, who plays on JB, nobody. Why not?
because you can't tag the great players, they find a way to dominate, better to tag the impact player you know who you might be able to stop! head to head with Stants is what the'll do

owenbond007

Stanton can easily be tagged out, If you want to shut a player down you can, but last time i watch a game it was the team with the biggest score that won. Most often the team that attacks and creates opportunities wins football matches.

tbagrocks

Quote from: owenbond007 on May 13, 2012, 04:36:06 AM
Stanton can easily be tagged out, If you want to shut a player down you can, but last time i watch a game it was the team with the biggest score that won. Most often the team that attacks and creates opportunities wins football matches.
and who's better at winning the ball and creating opportunities than Judd, Ablett & Swan?????????????

owenbond007

Im not even going to go in stats. research it yourself i can guarentee none of those r leading centre clearances

tbagrocks

any ball hunter can go and win a clearance! ....

not every player can win it like Judd then find a player in space and create fwd momentum, not every player like Swan can find space so easilly that he simply finds teamates in great possition to move the ball foward, not every player like Ablett (No 1 for clearances btw) can win a ball so much at such a dominent display of helping his team find space in which to create a scoring oppertunity, these three guys are so good that with a monkey (tagger) on his back they win the ball and find open men foward more than any other player, creating scoring oppertunities. This is football at its best and Jobe simply cannot do what these guys can do

owenbond007

Not sure what your watching but jobe is doing that and better. Like i say any greene can find the ball but continual failure to hit targets is what it comes down too. You could say Jobe is a poor kick but that was a few years ago. Pin point now. Dream team scores dont mean their the best at their acquisition. Im 99% certain your deluted. Stantz greatest of all time WTF

tbagrocks

I'm sure yer the deluded one! go ask anyone! any one at all, who is better, Jobe watson, Gary Ablett, Dane Swan, Chris Judd

see what sort of answers ya get! if anyone says Jobe ahead of those three i'll bye ya a carton!

tbagrocks

btw you'd probably say Black Caviar is a dud just to have an argument right?

TheHanger

Quote from: tbagrocks on May 13, 2012, 05:01:44 AM
any ball hunter can go and win a clearance! ....

not every player can win it like Judd then find a player in space and create fwd momentum, not every player like Swan can find space so easilly that he simply finds teamates in great possition to move the ball foward, not every player like Ablett (No 1 for clearances btw) can win a ball so much at such a dominent display of helping his team find space in which to create a scoring oppertunity, these three guys are so good that with a monkey (tagger) on his back they win the ball and find open men foward more than any other player, creating scoring oppertunities. This is football at its best and Jobe simply cannot do what these guys can do

mate your kidding yourself if you still don't believe that Jobe Watson is now one of the leagues best, just look at the stats mate, Jobe had 11 clearances last night against the (albeit weakend) WCE midfield (still with SSelwood, Kerr, Cox)
his kicking is really improved and his handballs are always perfect
no matter what  you say Jobe is an elite player!