Main Menu

My man Walker Captain

Started by tbagrocks, May 12, 2012, 03:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hagebear

Quote from: Ziplock on September 22, 2012, 08:53:56 PM
walker lost that game for you.

he didn't have time to compose himself, he should have gone back and snapped it instantly to give you half a chance of winning.

your boy walker cost the crows their chance at the GF with that last goal.

Zippy... U are one massive knob!!

c4v3m4n

he didn't have time to compose himself, he should have gone back and snapped it instantly to give you half a chance of winning.

Remind everyone who you barrack for and where you finished on the ladder? ::)

Justin Bieber

So what if Walker didn't kick the goal for going too fast.

And they would of not scored a goal anyways. Bad call Zip. Horrible Call.

Ziplock

Quote from: c4v3m4n on September 22, 2012, 09:11:26 PM

I'm supporting a developing team- have no qualms about finishing 18th, to be fair, if we'd gotten to play us twice as well as port and gc, we'd probably have finished a bit higher :P

Quote from: McRooster on September 22, 2012, 09:01:37 PM

Wow what a wanchor you are. A keyboard warrior that could not kick a Sherrin out of sight on a dark night.
Quote from: Hagebear on September 22, 2012, 09:09:17 PM

Quote from: whatlez on September 22, 2012, 09:38:20 PM

despite what everyone says, I'm calling it as I see it. Walker was perfectly capable of snapping that goal in under 5 seconds, which would have left the crows with a slim chance to win the game. The % doesn't matter in finals, whether they lose by two goals or 1, a loss is a loss, so he really needed to go hard out and just risk it. The commentators agreed with me as well when they said he didn't have time to really go back and take his 30 seconds,

and roost- I don't know how bad your eyes are, but last time I checked, even on a dark night I can see a sherrin travel 50, which is unfortunately around my maximum range. I'll let it slide though since your team just got knocked out.

it was probably harsh to say he lost it for you- he did play a fantastic game. He definitely lost you your last shot to win the game though, which is ironic since it was from taking time to line up a goal.

Hagebear

Quote from: Ziplock on September 22, 2012, 10:22:31 PM

I'm supporting a developing team- have no qualms about finishing 18th, to be fair, if we'd gotten to play us twice as well as port and gc, we'd probably have finished a bit higher :P

Wow what a wanchor you are. A keyboard warrior that could not kick a Sherrin out of sight on a dark night.

despite what everyone says, I'm calling it as I see it. Walker was perfectly capable of snapping that goal in under 5 seconds, which would have left the crows with a slim chance to win the game. The % doesn't matter in finals, whether they lose by two goals or 1, a loss is a loss, so he really needed to go hard out and just risk it. The commentators agreed with me as well when they said he didn't have time to really go back and take his 30 seconds,

and roost- I don't know how bad your eyes are, but last time I checked, even on a dark night I can see a sherrin travel 50, which is unfortunately around my maximum range. I'll let it slide though since your team just got knocked out.

it was probably harsh to say he lost it for you- he did play a fantastic game. He definitely lost you your last shot to win the game though, which is ironic since it was from taking time to line up a goal.

He was 50 out! Ok, so he turns around, rushes his shot and 'snaps' from 50 and misses and I bet u'd still be on here criticising him for missing! How was he to know how long was left. End of story he had to kick the goal and he did! 3 times under massive pressure he's kicked goals to keep the Crows in it. Half time of the Freo game, half time tonight and the last goal tonight. That last goal at least gave us a chance.

Tominator

Quote from: Ziplock on September 22, 2012, 10:22:31 PM

don't think that is the main reason we lost but yeah he was frustratingly slow !

Ziplock

yeah, not the main reason you lost, but it was the last reason.. if that makes sense.

yeah, maybe I would be bagging him out if he'd kicked and missed- but fact is, that would have been the right choice to make. That last goal didn't give you a chance- the last mark gave you a chance, the set shot gave you a chance, walker running down the clock didn't- he knew there was minimal time left, but w.e.

CrowsFan

Zip if there's anyone you should be criticising for time wasting it's Scott Thompson in the lead up to that goal. Had it on the wing 75-80 out or so and just stood there doing nothing with it for what felt like an eternity and then kicked it backwards!!

Hagebear

It's no-ones fault we lost. If Thompson had of blazed away and bombed it we probably would ok even got close to scoring. No-one knew how long there was left. We just weren't good enough on the night. The Crows couldn't of given much more, just Hawthorn had that bit more class in the end.

CrowsFan

Haha yeah I know that Hage, but I remember just shouting at my tv telling him to kick it!! Could see once Walker took the mark the runner came out and tried to tell him to hurry up, but obviously if he rushed he may have missed it. Just a shame we couldn't get that clearance at the end :(

Hagebear

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 23, 2012, 12:39:30 AM
Haha yeah I know that Hage, but I remember just shouting at my tv telling him to kick it!! Could see once Walker took the mark the runner came out and tried to tell him to hurry up, but obviously if he rushed he may have missed it. Just a shame we couldn't get that clearance at the end :(

Yeh needed that last clearance. I thought we got smashed in the midfield nearly all night. Thommo tried his guts out all night and danger was good in that last quarter but I think that might of cost us a bit.

CrowsFan

Quote from: Hagebear on September 23, 2012, 01:34:55 AM
Quote from: CrowsFan on September 23, 2012, 12:39:30 AM

Yeh needed that last clearance. I thought we got smashed in the midfield nearly all night. Thommo tried his guts out all night and danger was good in that last quarter but I think that might of cost us a bit.
Yeah especially after Stiffy got that goal to put us ahead, and then they just let Burgoyne take possession from the centre bounce and put no pressure on him so he kicks to Rioli! So frustrating!!

Hagebear

Yeh that was super disappointing. And Luke Thompson being out-muscled by Rioli??

Rusty00

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 23, 2012, 12:10:46 AM
Zip if there's anyone you should be criticising for time wasting it's Scott Thompson in the lead up to that goal. Had it on the wing 75-80 out or so and just stood there doing nothing with it for what felt like an eternity and then kicked it backwards!!
Thompson was cramping up at that point, hence the reason his kick dribbled 15m along the ground.

Ziplock

yeah, I agree with rusty on that- something wasn't right with thompson.