Main Menu

My man Walker Captain

Started by tbagrocks, May 12, 2012, 03:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Quote from: powersuperkents on January 15, 2015, 05:51:58 PM
Quote from: TeeJay on January 15, 2015, 04:53:35 PM
Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on January 15, 2015, 04:29:50 PM
I reckon after this decision Dangerfield is less likely to leave, me reasoning being is that I think it would be a move of desperation to keep his services beyond 2015 to make him the captain now.

Also I think Tex will do a great job.

He's coming to Richmond mate ;)
My bet... Geelong

Who ever offers him the biggest bag of cash is my bet lol

powersuperkents

Quote from: quinny88 on January 15, 2015, 05:56:37 PM
I reckon after this decision Dangerfield is less likely to leave, me reasoning being is that I think it would be a move of desperation to keep his services beyond 2015 to make him the captain now.

My bet... Geelong

Got to agree there

So basically Sydney after they trade and delist 10 more players hahahaha :P

Big Mac

Quote from: powersuperkents on January 15, 2015, 09:08:12 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on January 15, 2015, 05:56:37 PM

My bet... Geelong

Got to agree there

So basically Sydney after they trade and delist 10 more players hahahaha :P

They can't trade any players in I don't think

Nige

My bet... Geelong
The wheels are in motion.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-01-15/cats-say-yes-to-danger

tbagrocks

If Danger dogs Captain Tex'll snot him ;)

quinny88

Quote from: Nige on January 15, 2015, 09:59:23 PM

My bet... Geelong

Biggest misleading article title lol.
Mitch Duncan said he would like him at Geelong. Deal done

powersuperkents

Quote from: quinny88 on January 16, 2015, 09:55:53 AM

My bet... Geelong

Yeah the article is a bit premature, however, the article is only reporting that Geelong will be open to bid for him if he remains a free agent in 2015. I think money will be a prime factor, however, I can only see Danger moving to a club with high demand (amongst players and free agents). This is where Richmond is unlucky as no players seem to desire a trade there and top tier free agents overlook them. I respect Richmond and think they are a potential top tier side (and don't need player acquisitions by any other means than recycling and the draft) but as of off-season 2014-15 I can't see any reason why Dangerfield (a lone player) would choose Richmond over most Melbourne teams. Furthermore, Richmond are very team focused and don't tolerate the 'star-player ego' archetype (look how well they handled Dusty at the end of 2013), thus I don't see Hardwick signing him unless it was for a salary less than $600k (his current salary). With all the downsizing at Geelong they should have the salary cap to support his signing, the Demons would be another team to consider (although Danger may be turned off if they don't improve this season). All I'm hoping is that he doesn't go to Collingwood (I see them, Carlton, & Essendon as possibilities) or further inflate the Brisbane Lions undeserved ego  :P hahaha   

Overall, like everyone (including Dangerfield), I have no idea where he is going and can only speculate. My opinion though is Richmond supporters should be focusing on recruiting another key forward to support Jroo rather than hope to add a midfield which will only omit another talented midfielder from a strong starting 22. 

quinny88

Quote from: powersuperkents on January 16, 2015, 11:09:33 AM

My bet... Geelong

Yeah the article is a bit premature, however, the article is only reporting that Geelong will be open to bid for him if he remains a free agent in 2015. I think money will be a prime factor, however, I can only see Danger moving to a club with high demand (amongst players and free agents). This is where Richmond is unlucky as no players seem to desire a trade there and top tier free agents overlook them. I respect Richmond and think they are a potential top tier side (and don't need player acquisitions by any other means than recycling and the draft) but as of off-season 2014-15 I can't see any reason why Dangerfield (a lone player) would choose Richmond over most Melbourne teams. Furthermore, Richmond are very team focused and don't tolerate the 'star-player ego' archetype (look how well they handled Dusty at the end of 2013), thus I don't see Hardwick signing him unless it was for a salary less than $600k (his current salary). With all the downsizing at Geelong they should have the salary cap to support his signing, the Demons would be another team to consider (although Danger may be turned off if they don't improve this season). All I'm hoping is that he doesn't go to Collingwood (I see them, Carlton, & Essendon as possibilities) or further inflate the Brisbane Lions undeserved ego  :P hahaha   

Overall, like everyone (including Dangerfield), I have no idea where he is going and can only speculate. My opinion though is Richmond supporters should be focusing on recruiting another key forward to support Jroo rather than hope to add a midfield which will only omit another talented midfielder from a strong starting 22. 

Agree in part but Richmond have already stated that they have a war chest of money to go after a big name and ear marked 2015 as the year they were likely to do that. Dangerfield fits the bill. Plenty of other gun players coming into free agency at the end of this year too though so they may look elsewhere if the bidding gets too high

powersuperkents

Quote from: quinny88 on January 16, 2015, 11:13:20 AM
Quote from: powersuperkents on January 16, 2015, 11:09:33 AM

My bet... Geelong

Agree in part but Richmond have already stated that they have a war chest of money to go after a big name and ear marked 2015 as the year they were likely to do that. Dangerfield fits the bill. Plenty of other gun players coming into free agency at the end of this year too though so they may look elsewhere if the bidding gets too high
Wasn't aware of that, can definitely see them make a bid for Danger (I think Danger will likely just go to the highest bidder). Out of curiosity, what have they said regarding Jeremy Cameron? (If I were Hardwick I would be heavily targeting him)

powersuperkents

Sorry just noticed JC wasn't a free agent  :-\

Hawkins & Danger will be there most likely targets and maybe try to lure Scott Selwood back to Vic as well

quinny88

Yeah from memory the ones I would be going for are Danger, Hawkins, Scott Selwood or Jack Steven

Kellogscrunchynut

I think St.Kilda have also got a heap of cash in their reserves and have stated that they will be targeting this upcoming free agency pool very heavily.

quinny88

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on January 16, 2015, 11:42:09 AM
I think St.Kilda have also got a heap of cash in their reserves and have stated that they will be targeting this upcoming free agency pool very heavily.

They would have to. The only player earning their money is Nroo haha

Money Shot

Carlton have a little bit of money hopefully Danger can come for minimum wage :P

quinny88

Quote from: Money Shot on January 16, 2015, 11:47:48 AM
Carlton have a little bit of money hopefully Danger can come for minimum wage :P

Whatever the deal may be you can garuntee it's gonna be 1mil+ and 5 years+