Main Menu

My man Walker Captain

Started by tbagrocks, May 12, 2012, 03:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Dog

Were there bookie odds on him getting the nod?

SydneyRox

how many threads do you need bagger? :)

powersuperkents

Never even considered him a candidate for captain (just never came to mind)

I think Walsh has made the right choice though, great player, has a temperament for leadership, and his presence has a positive influence over his teammates (and the club as a whole). I think Dangerfield and Sloane were too risky, Dangerfield is still yet to extend his contract (that alone should rule him out) and Sloane seems more loyal to Dangerfield than he is to the club (might be something going on :P).

Despite the anarchy the Crows faced over the off-season Tex signed on (and literally every club would be more than happy to take him) and I think it's strange that I never considered him a candidate because after I saw the news I just couldn't help but think that Walsh made the right decision. Wishing him all the best in his new role and supporters shouldn't worry about his young age - he is a player who has always defied expectations (e.g. I thought his career was finished after his ACL injury...) - should be the skipper for at least a decade.     

However, if he still had the mullet, I would disagree with everything written above hahaha  :P 

tbagrocks

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 14, 2015, 02:24:39 PM
how many threads do you need bagger? :)
Hey man, this is my only thread about the Great one :P

PowerBug

I thought you needed a brain to be a captain? #banter #Findyourownhomeground
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Sweetness

Grazz

Quote from: PowerBug on January 14, 2015, 06:28:44 PM
                        #banter #Findyourownhomeground

Haha Footy Park was ours till you squatters showed up. Adelaide Oval- Adelaide Crows see where im going here lol.  :P

tbagrocks

Ask Barry Hall :P Ben Cousins :P Travis Boak :P

powersuperkents

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 15, 2015, 02:09:13 PM
Ask Barry Hall :P Ben Cousins :P Travis Boak :P
Boak has a PhD in kicking ass  :P 

Vinny

I thought you needed a brain to be a captain? #notbanter #seriousquestion jokes banter, but still don't think he has a brain.

Kellogscrunchynut

I reckon after this decision Dangerfield is less likely to leave, me reasoning being is that I think it would be a move of desperation to keep his services beyond 2015 to make him the captain now.

Also I think Tex will do a great job.

TeeJay

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on January 15, 2015, 04:29:50 PM
I reckon after this decision Dangerfield is less likely to leave, me reasoning being is that I think it would be a move of desperation to keep his services beyond 2015 to make him the captain now.

He's coming to Richmond mate ;)

TeeJay

You richmond blokes seem to think every out of contract player is going there so Dangerfield must be next on the list

quinny88

Quote from: TeeJay on January 15, 2015, 04:54:38 PM
You richmond blokes seem to think every out of contract player is going there so Dangerfield must be next on the list

Hope you're right

powersuperkents

Quote from: TeeJay on January 15, 2015, 04:53:35 PM
Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on January 15, 2015, 04:29:50 PM

He's coming to Richmond mate ;)
My bet... Geelong