Main Menu

My man Walker Captain

Started by tbagrocks, May 12, 2012, 03:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

tbagrocks

Honestly there's never been a bigger cult hero in Adleaide, maybe even the world ;D Modra had the swagger but not the attitide of the great man! I could imagine finding him at the bar in Broken hill and he would be your mate buy you a beer I'm sure ;) and to top it all off he's the most gifted footballer in years ;D

T Dog

Really?  :o...seriously.. :o...Nah...No one has replaced Jarman surely..lol

tbagrocks

Quote from: T Dog on December 10, 2012, 09:54:09 PM
Really?  :o...seriously.. :o...Nah...No one has replaced Jarman surely..lol
Yeah there was a lot of man love for Jars, well honestly I think Taylor will surpass him ;D Ok he needs to win two premierships for us but he can and will do it ;D plus the five Coleman medals, four Blight medals and six all Australians 8)

:P

T Dog

Is that all?..time for another vist to Tom Waterhouse.com ;D for an extended multi year bet..lol..

tbagrocks

Quote from: T Dog on December 10, 2012, 10:04:04 PM
Is that all?..time for another vist to Tom Waterhouse.com ;D for an extended multi year bet..lol..
hmmm well, Dangerman will steal one Norm Smith, Sloane also and the other will be between Tex and Crouch

McRooster

The more interesting tote should be between Paddy D and Taylor W (who publicly stated he'd burn Tippett's house down if Tippett didn't  re-sign)as to who would be more likely to charge at $kurt in their first encounter.

Honour thy #32 Paddy D  8)

nrich102

tbagrocks

Quote from: nrich102 on December 12, 2012, 07:43:55 PM
less than 50  :P
Yeah it looks like six people on here don't know much about footy :P

If only like you did rich people owned up to it so I know who to give it to come September ;D

Mr.Craig

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 10, 2012, 09:31:19 PM
Honestly there's never been a bigger cult hero in Adelaide, maybe even the world ;D

SydneyRox

Tbag - I have the great man for 80+ goals this year... all your publicity must be getting to me!!

Capper

60+ for me, after all he is still Tex Walker and wont play the full season

SydneyRox

picker_man

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 21, 2013, 02:18:12 PM
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/afl/taylor-walker-just-one-of-six-in-adelaides-forward-mix-says-crows-assistant-mark-bickley/story-e6frexx0-1226557783036

Going to be hard to kick a bag if he isnt the main focus.

Doesnt really matter what an article on Bickley's opinion says. If Tex continues to present like he did last year, the ball will go to him.

Also not surprised at all he would come out and say that, trying to take attention away for the big guy ;)

Sapientia

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 21, 2013, 02:18:12 PM
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/afl/taylor-walker-just-one-of-six-in-adelaides-forward-mix-says-crows-assistant-mark-bickley/story-e6frexx0-1226557783036

Going to be hard to kick a bag if he isnt the main focus.

It's the offseason laddy. Every single player yet to have one is due for a breakout season and encompassed within that are nuffies like those Bickley mentions. It's pretty rare to find a junior that's not hype up.

And of course, players like Taylor are talked down, not to discredit them but to credit the others.

When the real season starts the class will emerge and most of these players tipped for breakouts in the media (just look at afl.com.au or the HUN for an example) will go back into their shell.

And Taylor's absolute class. Provided he stays on the field he'll kick 70+, even fellas like LJ, Porps, Callinan and Danger kick plenty too.