FFS GIBBS

Started by essendon2, May 11, 2012, 06:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

should i KEEP Gibbs ?

Yes
No

The_Captain

keep, i have him too, and as painful as it is we gotta stick with him and hope he pushes that average back to the 100+

essendon2

Quote from: Plastic Boy on May 11, 2012, 07:56:57 PM
Do not trade Gibbs, he is not injured and your trades are far too valuable to be getting rid of him.

He's a gun but is playing in defense a but rather then midfield, but this week against the saints at Etihad, it has 100+ written all over it
didn't last weeks game against GWS at Eithad have 100+ written all over it..

Colliwobblers

Quote from: essendon2 on May 11, 2012, 07:07:49 PM
how do i get Horsley then??

and if I keep Gibbs, I have to play Milera and Treloar

then trade Milera for Adams, and don't worry about "missing" horsley, Zorko will be as good if not better and you'll be wanting to jump on him in two weeks...

can't have / don't need them all.

Gibbs won't be in the top bracket of midfielders by seasons end, but you knew that when you picked him. I would keep him for your last upgrade (if you have that luxury) or bench cover through the byes and beyond when all the other premium mids you have get rested on and off....

The_Captain

Gibbs has the ability to go to that next level but. he whips out 150s every now and then. Seems to get tagged on the half back line every game now. Sh1t football on the oppositions behalf sending out a defensive half forward. If they were any good they punish him by kicking goals on him..

essendon2

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!

arghhhhhh

realistic scenario:
Horsley gets 85 - Gibbs gets 100
Beams gets 100 - Kennedy gets 50
(gain 35 points)

**now keep Gibbs:
Gibbs gets 100
Adams gets 85 - Kennedy gets 50

Gain 35 points from 1 trade, but miss the Horsley boat...  :-\

The_Captain

Just do 2 downgrades and get it horsley and adams... Then next week upgrade gibbs if he has another crap game. or keep if he does well..

essendon2

Quote from: noto07 on May 11, 2012, 08:19:06 PM
Just do 2 downgrades and get it horsley and adams... Then next week upgrade gibbs if he has another crap game. or keep if he does well..
and miss the Horsley boat?

no point giving Gibbs a chance this week and culling him next week - might as well cull him now if your attitude is like that!

we've given him so many chances

The_Captain

if you have the trades to do so then go for it. I dont ha :/. But zorko can go mids or forwards so doesnt matter if you dont get one of horse or adams. he can just come into the other position in which you dont downgrade. If you know what i mean :s haha

essendon2

Quote from: noto07 on May 11, 2012, 08:31:31 PM
if you have the trades to do so then go for it. I dont ha :/. But zorko can go mids or forwards so doesnt matter if you dont get one of horse or adams. he can just come into the other position in which you dont downgrade. If you know what i mean :s haha
why would Gibbs do well this week though?!

tbagrocks

I'm a bit to late but... Gibs is no DT mid ha, trade to horse yep... ahhh lockout

so what did ya do mate?

essendon2

Quote from: tbagrocks on May 11, 2012, 10:08:49 PM
I'm a bit to late but... Gibs is no DT mid ha, trade to horse yep... ahhh lockout

so what did ya do mate?
Gibbs --> Horsley
Kennedy --> Beams
60k in bank

Plastic Boy

Quote from: essendon2 on May 11, 2012, 08:01:44 PM
Quote from: Plastic Boy on May 11, 2012, 07:56:57 PM
Do not trade Gibbs, he is not injured and your trades are far too valuable to be getting rid of him.

He's a gun but is playing in defense a but rather then midfield, but this week against the saints at Etihad, it has 100+ written all over it
didn't last weeks game against GWS at Eithad have 100+ written all over it..

I did say he's been playing down back and obviously against GWS there wasn't much pressure of the ball flying into the backline so naturally he's going to be less involved.

Against quality teams he'll score much better.

I really don't care if you trade but if you keep trading to find the perfect player who never has quiet games then you'll run out of trades mid season

The_Captain

Hopefully saints are more worried about judd and murphy and leave gibbs ha