Rookie Rating System

Started by Disco, May 11, 2012, 02:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disco

I think we need a rookie rating system that so we can easily give an indication of how a rookie is going or how we think the rookie is going to go at the start of the year.
I propose the Barlow/Roberts (B/R) rating system named after Michael Barlow and Relton Roberts. The best and worst rookies ever.
The system goes like this.  A 10 is for a gun rookie like Barlow who will play straight away (and play every game barring injury)  and will average in excess of 110 from day one.  A zero on the other hand is for rookies like Relton who may play one or two games early so you pick them, score terribly, then get dropped, never to be seen again and waste a trade getting in someone else. On this basis I have rated my rookies so far this year

A.Hall             1
C.Smith         1
T.Dickson        1
O.Stephenson     2
J.Redden       2.5
C.Hampton      5
D.Smith      6
J.McDonald      7
D.Shiels      6
T.Bugg      8
T.Mohr      7
B.Ellis      6
J.Giles      8
J.Magner      7

Disco

Giles has been great except for the 55 last week. Other than that he would have got a 9

akbal

Seems silly when you gave a 1 to Hall who has gone up $70k and played 4 games...

Capper

ummm Jmac isnt a Rookie, he is Rookie priced though.
But with scores of 100, 78, 79, 84 a 7?? Surely atleast an 8

I would also add Ledger

Disco

Only reason I've marked JMac down is he hasn't played every game. Got dropped with soreness on the weekend gone after only coming back for a couple of weeks.