Good news for Cox, Ryder and Stanton owners

Started by Ricochet, May 10, 2012, 02:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/nic-naitanui-adam-selwood-to-be-ruled-out-of-west-coasts-clash-with-essendon/story-e6frf9jf-1226352025491

Nic Naitanui, Adam Selwood to be ruled out of West Coast's clash against Essendon

WEST Coast ruckman Nic Naitanui is set to miss his second straight match with a hamstring strain.

The 22-year-old was a late withdrawal from the Eagles' line-up for last Sunday's home clash with North Melbourne and the club will take a cautious approach by leaving him in Perth for Saturday night's match against Essendon at Etihad Stadium.

Tagger Patrick McGinnity could still line up against the Bombers with the aid of painkilling injections, despite breaking his hand last Sunday.

matt1985

Quote from: Ricochet on May 10, 2012, 02:34:34 PM
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/nic-naitanui-adam-selwood-to-be-ruled-out-of-west-coasts-clash-with-essendon/story-e6frf9jf-1226352025491

Nic Naitanui, Adam Selwood to be ruled out of West Coast's clash against Essendon

WEST Coast ruckman Nic Naitanui is set to miss his second straight match with a hamstring strain.

The 22-year-old was a late withdrawal from the Eagles' line-up for last Sunday's home clash with North Melbourne and the club will take a cautious approach by leaving him in Perth for Saturday night's match against Essendon at Etihad Stadium.

Wow I'm def going Stanton captain this week! Cox should kill it this week too!

Screech

stanton will get tagged by McGinnity
very happy with the news about nic nat as coz is the only decent ruckman i have left! do us proud coxey!

Ricochet

Quote from: Screech on May 10, 2012, 02:38:32 PM
very happy with the news about nic nat as coz is the only decent ruckman i have left! do us proud coxey!

McGinnity could be out as well

BGK

Quote from: Ricochet on May 10, 2012, 02:39:48 PM
Quote from: Screech on May 10, 2012, 02:38:32 PM

McGinnity could be out as well

They still have Scott Selwood

nostradamus

l have a feeling that Scotty Selwood might go back to last year's role as a midfield tagger just for Stanton

Jukes

We can't lose now lol. Hoping bombers-eagles play in the grannie because my whole family are eagles supporters as are the whole public here, would love to shove it right up 'em.

owenbond007

Quote from: Jukes on May 10, 2012, 02:49:36 PM
We can't lose now lol. Hoping bombers-eagles play in the grannie because my whole family are eagles supporters as are the whole public here, would love to shove it right up 'em.

Cheering that on!

Capper

Cox v Ryder is looking (to steal  one of Bruce's lines) delicious!!!!

Hopefully McGinnity and Selwood tag Stanton and Watson.

Cox as Captain is an option this week i think

S_Coach99

yeah but LeCras will be back by then... he carves up Dons in his sleep  :P

LF

The_Captain

Cox captain, or selwood? these are my options if ablett doesnt play

eagles929406

mcginnity is not a midfield tagger anyway, we dont tag in the mids this year, we too busy with the ball in our hands, lets see stanton and co chase, something he dont know how to do

Bluesman

Go have a lie down mate...better still I might - i'm almost on the ground with laughter anyway!!!! :)

BGK

Quote from: S_Coach99 on May 10, 2012, 03:42:03 PM

yeah but LeCras will be back by then... he carves up Dons in his sleep  :P

I highly doubt LeCras will be back at all. I can't think of any examples of a player doing an ACL in the pre season only to return later in the year. Any body else know of someone?