Billie Smedts is he the solution

Started by Holz, May 10, 2012, 04:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

I was looking for a good round 12 downgrade but without finding one on the buble i was going to downgrade shiel to adams, but than spite told me that maybee i should downgrade a back rookie to smedts and this is good as it help me in the byes in the forward line and a good back downgrade is harder to find than a good mid downgrade.

What are peoples thought on smedts is he worth getting over adams, his JS looks pretty good its just his scoring ability that looks questionable.

Peter

I have him along with Johnson for MPP reasons

Legen...DARY

Wait and see if Lee Spurr plays again.

T Dog

I have as a bench warmer. Have been able to swing him forward and back as an emergency or trade shuffle. Doesnt score many pts really but gives me a level of comfort that he at least gets a score. :o Dont need to upgrade him at present , have had him from the start.

Screech

i am keeping him though some people have said ditch him. going to bleed him dry for cash as he is likely to rise again

Capper

I currently have him as a benchie but he is moving between Back and Fwd depending on who is to be tradedsubbed

Windigo

Had him from the start and I wouldn't be relying on him to play on field, but his DPP for trading has been unbelievably handy!  ;D

Scrads

Honestly, I almost did this last week (ask whatlez). I am still considering it, his 4 in his system will hinder any major cash rise. I was looking for a round 12 forward that would help me and the only other option would be if Couch actually plays.

owenbond007

Yeah that subbed 4 is not good for a decent rise this week, but the following week id expect him to start making 30-40K for a couple of weeks. I wouldnt expect to make any more than 100K out of him,  but his DP has been handy. I plan to trade him out in r12.

Holz

Quote from: Scrads on May 10, 2012, 01:36:10 PM
Honestly, I almost did this last week (ask whatlez). I am still considering it, his 4 in his system will hinder any major cash rise. I was looking for a round 12 forward that would help me and the only other option would be if Couch actually plays.

its the reason im thinking of getting him, adams is better as im bascially looking fora forward but round 12 is great. The plan is round 10 i upgrade pfiefer as i have 5 round 13 forwards and only 2 round 12 than move smedts into the forward line play him round 11 than get rid of him round 12.

Zombie2.5

Interesting.

It looks like it helps you with your byes.
I say do it.
I reckon he'll improve, he can only get better and he might actually turn out to be a decent cow after his 4 is gone.

Scrads

140k after this round, I am bringing him in this week mainly for his usefulness during byes :)

SB-67

The_Captain

will he get plenty more games? and from ellis to smedts only generates like 70k profit :/. Thinking of getting spur and smedts in this week..

Holz

Quote from: noto07 on May 14, 2012, 07:03:45 PM
will he get plenty more games? and from ellis to smedts only generates like 70k profit :/. Thinking of getting spur and smedts in this week..

im pretty sure he has played every game baring when he was injured, i got him in for his JS and bye. Dont exepct him to be high scoring though i think his score was a one off, not sure if he is worth getting in now, as i said only expect a 60 average if your willing to pay 140k for that than go ahead.