downgrade rookie options in future weeks.

Started by david.5, May 09, 2012, 09:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david.5

just wondering what everyones thoughts on future downgrade options in the coming month or so. we all heard about zorko, tom couch and maybe gibson from north melbourne. But who else is really out there? as an essendon fan elliot kavagnah is a pretty good player who might get games if he can get his body right. list players who you thing are out there.

Zombie2.5

Josh Jenkins for crows is doing alrite in SANFL. With McKernan out he might have a chance this round, but he doesn't have that great JS.

Docherty is also close to debuting after a few reserves games.
Tom Mitchell i think just played his first game from a knee injury, probably only played a quarter/half but he'll be good soon.
Jon Patton should be playing in a few weeks but he's quite expensive plus he's KPP and might be inconsistent.

That's just off the top of my head, there should be another few and with so many injuries... who knows who could debut?

Jukes

I'll be hoping to draft in Zorko for Milera, Docherty for Ellis/Morris and Mitchell for Magner at this point, plus maybe Patton, Kavagnah and Gibson is they play good first two games. Anything can happen.

owenbond007

I believe the pool of rookies to come are rather thin. Most will have byes in round 11 and id be sceptical on their job security. Couch clearly isnt getting any love from Neeld, so again JS and lack of opportunity. If your looking to trim down your round 11 rookies in the coming weeks id say there arnt a lot of options, you got Horse this week and thats about it.

Jukes

/\ hopefully the round 11 rookies debut in round 9, giving you 2 weeks to watch then the bye round to trade them out, unless they debut one round early and you trade r11 to another r11.

owenbond007

Quote from: Jukes on May 09, 2012, 11:02:41 PM
/\ hopefully the round 11 rookies debut in round 9, giving you 2 weeks to watch then the bye round to trade them out, unless they debut one round early and you trade r11 to another r11.

like your thinking! :)

Zombie2.5

Quote from: owenbond007 on May 09, 2012, 11:05:49 PM
Quote from: Jukes on May 09, 2012, 11:02:41 PM

like your thinking! :)
Of course we would want that! It gives us an extra week to think about it. And also it gives them a rest so they aren't as likely to get rested for a round. They would also be fresh and ready to go to pump out a ton  ;D. Plus they're only bye is gone :)