I promised myself I wouldnt.. However?

Started by Shanus_, May 09, 2012, 07:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanus_

Like many, I have caught and fallen for this disease before, its quiet terminal and contagious..

However..

Its hard for me to type this.. Cant believe I have go to this point!

Shaun Higgens?

:(

Averaging 76, with scores of 91, 85, 82, 23 (sub), 89, 87 and is at a price of 334k!

Take out the sub and its an average of 86.8 for every full game..

I have 367k and need a forward quick smart! Forward line only have Dangerfield, Travis Choke, Martin and Franklin! (with rookies too)

Shiel/Magner in the midfield this week need to go for Horsely, will probs do Shiel as he suits my bye set ups..

Then I move onto Kennedy in the forward line, need to move him on at 200k.. So with Shiel/Magner gone for Horsely, it leaves me with 367k to play with!

Any suggestions!

With 167,600k in the bank, my team is..

Lids, Goddard, Waters, Broughton, Bugg, Hargrave, Birchall - Ellis, Mohr.
Pendles, Watson, Boyd, Mitchell, Magner, Horsley (Was Shiel) - Ablett, Hampton.
Giles, Kruze - Redden, Orren.
Franklin, Dangerfield, Martin, Cloke, Smith, Porpz, Kennedy - Cameron, Treloar.

Any help will be appreciated guys! Thanks in advance! :)

Windigo

I wouldn't.....Can you afford ROK?  ???

fertalong

It's worth a punt, but assuming his avg so far will be his yearly avg, I wouldn't trade him in unless you want an 86 avg for your F7. I'd rather get in someone like taylor adams who won't scor too much less, and is 200k cheaper and who will earn you cash for a real premo later down the track.

JBs-Hawks

Downgrade to Adams and bring a real premium in next week

Shanus_

no 15k short :( .. Just short of likes of Angus, Zaha, Rok etc etc.. Need to find extra cash somehow but dont wanna shoot myself in the foot by selling cash cows early, dont really wanna miss the Horsley boat!

Shanus_

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on May 09, 2012, 07:39:35 PM
Downgrade to Adams and bring a real premium in next week

That is what I was thinking, however I have very hard games this week in my leagues and need results, after double trade this week I would only have 18 left and really wanna stop trading, however need points!

Also, bringing in a GWS player for a GWS player doesnt help with my round 11 carnage, which I'm sure I'm not the only one.. 

Holz

Quote from: fertalong on May 09, 2012, 07:39:01 PM
It's worth a punt, but assuming his avg so far will be his yearly avg, I wouldn't trade him in unless you want an 86 avg for your F7. I'd rather get in someone like taylor adams who won't scor too much less, and is 200k cheaper and who will earn you cash for a real premo later down the track.

Adams will average alot less than 86, I hate saying it but Higgins could be a really good pick at that price, is FWD MID and could be a really good F8/M7 at the end of the season

Windigo

334K?  :o

I mis--read it and thought he was like 375K+.

At that price, I'd consider for sure.  ;)

JBs-Hawks

Higgins isn't gonna help with round 11 either

Johnnysd

started with him, only be screwed by the vest once but otherwise been happy with the average. But if you can't take adams how is higgins any better by way of bye issues?

Holz

I really wish i could get him, already have 7 premium forwards, im even tempted to bring higgins into the mid but probably wont do it.,

Shanus_

Ah yeah! Bloody WB with the round 11 bye :@

Hmm.. Abit of a pickle.. Very tempting tho..

Praetorian

To be honest mate, I'd just trade Kennedy for Horsley and take Hampton, Cameron or Treloar in the forward line this week. When Ablett's back you'll be able to then downgrade either Magner or Shiel (who will have made you one or two more price rises) and spend more like 280k upgrading your chosen forward.

PowerBug

Wait, what is wrong with the Rd 11 bye?? I thought we were all struggling for guys with Rd 11 byes in the forwards??

Shanus_ I hate you, all you had to do was keep your mouth shut and go with your gut. :P (jks mate, good pick up ;) )

I'm looking at him myself.

owenbond007

If your really considering higgins maybe you should wait a week or 2 and get gia when he bottoms out.  ;)