Thinking of keeping Goodes, good / Bad idea

Started by Smileys Bruisres, May 09, 2012, 07:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smileys Bruisres

Current team.

Backs,  Scotland, Goddard, Lake, Burgoyne,Bugg, Broughton.  Emer  - Ellis & Morris
Mids,  Ablett, Swan, Lids, Boyd, Greene, Jmac,   Emer   - Magner & Treloar
Rucks,   Cox,  Giles    Emer   - Redden & Stephenson
Forwards,   Franklin, Martin, Chapman, Dangerfield, Porp, D.Smith, Goodes.   Emer   - Hall & Cameron

I have 19 trades left & current ranking about 2500 with 216,000 in the kitty.
Was thinking trading Magner to Horsley   & Cameron to Stevie j.
That way i will keep my DPP and should have enough cover to swap back and forth.

Team will look like this

Backs,  Scotland, Goddard, Lake, Burgoyne,Bugg, Broughton.  Emer  - Ellis & Morris
Mids,  Ablett, Swan, Lids, Boyd, Greene, Jmac,   Emer   - Horsley & Goodes
Rucks,   Cox,  Giles    Emer   - Redden & Stephenson
Forwards,   Franklin, Martin, Chapman, Dangerfield, Porp, D.Smith, Stevie J.   Emer   - Hall  & Treloar

Is this a bad move? thoughts welcome please.

fertalong

Holding for this week and doing those trades is fine, but you can't hold goodes until he comes back. You'll need to trade him next week and i'd suggest either beams, sidebum, chappy, or mitch robbo

Bones Bombers

owenbond007

If you need to do other trades this week do em. But 6 weeks is a long time to go one short. Hell be back r13 so if his that valuable to your team then trade him back in for a r13 guy.

Bones Bombers

Goodsies price won't change so you dont need to rush. Its just like having cash in the kitty. It will be gr8 to get another premo next week.

Affliction

I am keeping him - but this is from a league perspective.

For rankings I would imagine you trade him in the next couple weeks especially if its only your 1st or 2nd injury trade.

A trade you could look at doing is Goodes --> Horsely. Instead of Goodes sitting on the bench and Magner traded out with a low BE. Keep Magner who will earn you more cash and upgrade him when your ready to.