Previous topic - Next topic

SJ or Beams

SJ
13 (31%)
Beams
29 (69%)

Total Members Voted: 4

HappyDEZ

I cannot decide between these two players for my forward line. SJ is a superstar at a basement price with an excellent B/E this week. Beams is looking easy top 7 forwards this year but is more $ and has Daisy to come back into the midfield rotations. I am leaning towards Beams but would appreciate any thoughts/votes.

Ricochet

Are you hoping to have both by seasons end? if you are, Stevie J won't get any cheaper so i'd get him at his price now, then get Beams later

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Ricochet on May 09, 2012, 03:47:43 PM
Are you hoping to have both by seasons end? if you are, Stevie J won't get any cheaper so i'd get him at his price now, then get Beams later

This maybe, But Beams could average 110+ this season and what will he cost if he does average 100+ over the next 5 or 6?

Beams isn't a fluke have a closer look at the end of last year... Over the last month and a bit only Swan and one other in the whole comp averaged more than him.

yeah i cant remember who the other was, but I know there was only two  ::)

HappyDEZ

Cheers Ricochet & Colliwobblers. It's a tuffie. I def. like Beams, but as Ricochet has pointed out SJ is dirt cheap atm & has a massive ceiling. Beams more likely to not be 'rested' & should be a consistent 90-110. Hmmmmmm

crabapples

man neither geelong or collingwood are in any position to be resting players. probly best to get CW opinion but i think beams would be one of the last choices to get a rest...?

last year westcoast(4) had 17 wins they've both already had 2 losses and arn't exacly wining convincingly i'd say they will both need to be winning right untill the end of the year

jabroni

beams will mantain his price and go up barring any injury or subs but stevie j will be up and down so while he shouldnt get cheaper, he will have a few more avg rounds so you should be able to pick him up after the byes for not much more than now

HappyDEZ

Quote from: crabapples on May 09, 2012, 04:33:12 PM
man neither geelong or collingwood are in any position to be resting players. probly best to get CW opinion but i think beams would be one of the last choices to get a rest...?

last year westcoast(4) had 17 wins they've both already had 2 losses and arn't exacly wining convincingly i'd say they will both need to be winning right untill the end of the year
Agreed Crabapples, with a few teams (Adel, Ess, Coasters & Syd & Carl) off to a flyer the likes of Coll, Geel & Hawks will not be afforded any luxuries in a bid top 4 berth. I still think Chappy & SJ will be rested at least once this season, if not twice. Beams is only 22 odd & unlikely to be 'rested' unless he had a serious niggle against a weak side.

Windigo

Stevie J. Get Beams after bye.  ;)

Ricochet

Quote from: jabroni on May 09, 2012, 04:46:28 PM
beams will mantain his price and go up barring any injury or subs but stevie j will be up and down so while he shouldnt get cheaper, he will have a few more avg rounds so you should be able to pick him up after the byes for not much more than now
This will not happen.
His BE is 50 atm and his 163 will stay with him for the next two games
In two weeks time he will be atleast 40-50k higher
after that Geelong have Bulldogs, GWS, Carlton then a Bye
He will be over 500k after the byes

Phasir

Quote from: Colliwobblers on May 09, 2012, 03:53:19 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on May 09, 2012, 03:47:43 PM

This maybe, But Beams could average 110+ this season and what will he cost if he does average 100+ over the next 5 or 6?

Beams isn't a fluke have a closer look at the end of last year... Over the last month and a bit only Swan and one other in the whole comp averaged more than him.

yeah i cant remember who the other was, but I know there was only two  ::)

Stanton?  ???

crabapples

GAJ of course... Not stants mate.... Not stants

Phasir

but he hasn't even played in the last 2 weeks..

crabapples

The last month of last year, stanton was allright though, maybe a keen eye might hav seen him comin this year

Phasir

ohh.. feeling a bit thick now  ;D

BlackMamba

Beams is so much more consistent. Pick Stevie J and be prepare to ride the roller-coaster.