Ablett: The Saga Continues...

Started by martindc, May 09, 2012, 11:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unceramonius

dont know if many know or can tell etc etc, but Ablett is a very sooky player.  Dont get me wrong, id kill to have him back at the cattery, but how many tantrums did he chuck when we wanted to play him fwd?

He wanted his precious brownlow, and playing fwd would hinder that.  Is he the same now?  Who knows, but i say he will furiously reject extended fwd time.  Unlike Bartell who could be our best mid, best defender, best tagger, best fwd..the guy just does it all.

Ablett is a lot more sooky, arrogant, selfish...best in the comp by miles, but dont count on fwd time i say

Justin Bieber

Quote from: oldshepp on May 09, 2012, 08:11:11 PM
I reckon Birchall had a similar injury to GAJ's and look how shower he was on the weekend.

Could barely kick the ball over a jam tim.  Probably shouldn't have played but Hawks defence is shaky with Gibbo

Same injury? Wtf?

Birchall had bleeding in the knee like sandilands. Ablett has bone bruising. Completely different.

Johnnysd

Quote from: whatlez on May 09, 2012, 09:37:28 PM
I reckon Birchall had a similar injury to GAJ's and look how shower he was on the weekend.

Could barely kick the ball over a jam tim.  Probably shouldn't have played but Hawks defence is shaky with Gibbo

Same injury? Wtf?

Birchall had bleeding in the knee like sandilands. Ablett has bone bruising. Completely different.

Bruising is bleeding so pretty freaking similar buddy

Lucastorm

Quote from: Johnnysd on May 09, 2012, 11:18:05 PM

Same injury? Wtf?

Haemarthrosis and ecchymosis are not similar

PowerBug

Ok, my prediction, just came to me then:

Ablett will be the sub!

GC need him to play, but they need him in the middle. If the game is close, Ablett comes on for 1 quarter, straight into the guts, 80 point quarter, GC win, McKenna looks like a genius.

Thunderstruck

Quote from: PowerBug on May 10, 2012, 12:22:27 AM

Ablett will be the sub!

GC need him to play, but they need him in the middle. If the game is close, Ablett comes on for 1 quarter, straight into the guts, 80 point quarter, GC win, McKenna looks like a genius.

LOL as much as it would be a delight to see I highly doubt Ablett would accept the vest!

The_Captain

Just cant wait till tonight to see if hes named or not :) haha

T Dog

Quote from: Thunderstruck on May 10, 2012, 08:14:00 AM
Quote from: PowerBug on May 10, 2012, 12:22:27 AM

Ablett will be the sub!

LOL as much as it would be a delight to see I highly doubt Ablett would accept the vest!

I can hear the D/T and S/C gnashing of teeth already... ;D ;D ;D

-Hector-

Quote from: owenbond007 on May 09, 2012, 08:21:42 PM
Quote from: -Hector- on May 09, 2012, 07:10:27 PM
Quote from: owenbond007 on May 09, 2012, 03:13:38 PM
Think there is a fair few people on this thread trying to make themselves feel better about trading Ablett out. No matter what you say what ablett might or might not do, you all know his a must have. And for the majority of people that traded him out had the likes of shiel, greene, magner, oldmac on the pine and maybe even a mid-pricer like parker/mccarthy as cover.

So Bascially anyone who traded him out and plans to bring him back has wasted a minimum of 2 trades for the sake of 20-50points each week his out.  So if you trying to justify that it was good to trade him out, 2 weeks ago, or last week (DT morons) then your kidding yourself and you know it.

I traded him out for Swan last week (only had Swan in on the weekend). However I've only 'wasted' one trade that I'm aware of.

Once Ebert is a juicy price (hopefully in no more than 2 weeks) Ablett will have dropped in price (yes, I can predict the future) after his stint in the forward line and I will get him back in for $530k ish.

Who got benched for swan that week. Would be interesting to find out the difference between him and swan. Pretty sure you will need to downgrade another guy to upgrade ebert to ablett. But i suppose you would of done that to get Swan anyway.

Yup - my point exactly. Swan and Ablett are pretty much interchangeable in DT output terms. If Ablett comes back this week I will consider it 'wasted', but only one trade, no more.

Once I have both Swan and Ablett in my team, I will be content.

DG

its hard to know what was right, ive managed to climb from 8300 overall to 739 since i traded ablett to swan, so i think ive won out at this point, if i run out of trades at the end, well then maybe not, but wont know til then  ;)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Lucastorm on May 09, 2012, 11:40:13 PM
Quote from: Johnnysd on May 09, 2012, 11:18:05 PM

Same injury? Wtf?

Haemarthrosis and ecchymosis are not similar

Yeah what he said. Chin up Johnny.

owenbond007

Quote from: DG on May 10, 2012, 12:34:50 PM
its hard to know what was right, ive managed to climb from 8300 overall to 739 since i traded ablett to swan, so i think ive won out at this point, if i run out of trades at the end, well then maybe not, but wont know til then  ;)

With Ablett on the pine i have moved from 7.8K to 938. So I'm quite happy i kept him. I got a rule on injured premos, if its more than 4 weeks trade, or if its inevitable that its going to be recurring (like fyfe), or trade to save a donut. Otherwise sit tight with ya trades.

Flame

4 weeks is about all you would carry an injured premo for. That is why Goodes had to go but Ablett can stay. Hope he plays this week all the same. My prediction is that he will be named but could be a late withdrawal. :-X

The_Captain

Anyone got any news on how his visit to the doctor went today?

Ricochet

Quote from: noto07 on May 10, 2012, 02:49:15 PM
Anyone got any news on how his visit to the doctor went today?

today the Suns tweeted: "Big name and a Bolter named to line up for the @Goldcoastfc this weekend. #Anyguesses ?"