Ablett: The Saga Continues...

Started by martindc, May 09, 2012, 11:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

owenbond007

Think there is a fair few people on this thread trying to make themselves feel better about trading Ablett out. No matter what you say what ablett might or might not do, you all know his a must have. And for the majority of people that traded him out had the likes of shiel, greene, magner, oldmac on the pine and maybe even a mid-pricer like parker/mccarthy as cover.

So Bascially anyone who traded him out and plans to bring him back has wasted a minimum of 2 trades for the sake of 20-50points each week his out.  So if you trying to justify that it was good to trade him out, 2 weeks ago, or last week (DT morons) then your kidding yourself and you know it.

Ricochet

He's nearly there boys...

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2012/05/09/ablett-on-verge-of-all-clear/

"Great to be back on the training track today. The knee's feeling great," Ablett said.

"Seeing the doc tomorrow morning. You'll be the first to know!"

SydneyRox

Ricochet

Yetti69

They do, it's just that sometimes their scrambled brains forget an article they read 1/2 hour ago...

Justin Bieber

The afl site says bluesy doesn't want to risk him and riskaTV

Kuruki

Quote from: owenbond007 on May 09, 2012, 03:13:38 PM
Think there is a fair few people on this thread trying to make themselves feel better about trading Ablett out. No matter what you say what ablett might or might not do, you all know his a must have. And for the majority of people that traded him out had the likes of shiel, greene, magner, oldmac on the pine and maybe even a mid-pricer like parker/mccarthy as cover.

So Bascially anyone who traded him out and plans to bring him back has wasted a minimum of 2 trades for the sake of 20-50points each week his out.  So if you trying to justify that it was good to trade him out, 2 weeks ago, or last week (DT morons) then your kidding yourself and you know it.

And on the other side of the coin there are those who kept him trying to justify to themselves that it was a good idea. And as the weeks go on they get more and more anti toward those who traded him out, as they get more and more frustrated having nearly 600,000 sitting on the pine.

Perthwildcat

I wouldn't be surprised if he is named against GWS as it's a must win.  Even if not 100%

Yeah, may play less on the ball, but how will he score?  That is the million dollar question...

Torpedo10

Quote from: Perthwildcat on May 09, 2012, 06:19:00 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he is named against GWS as it's a must win.  Even if not 100%

Yeah, may play less on the ball, but how will he score?  That is the million dollar question...
I'd Give you 20 Dollars Tops if you knew the answer to this question.  :P

Zombie2.5

Quote from: Doyle on May 09, 2012, 02:40:25 PM
Instead of 40 disposals, he'll get 40 goals, it's GAJ don't worry ;)

But 40 goals means 40+ disposals, so....
it's a win-win  ;D :D ;)

-Hector-

I traded him out for Swan last week (only had Swan in on the weekend). However I've only 'wasted' one trade that I'm aware of.

Once Ebert is a juicy price (hopefully in no more than 2 weeks) Ablett will have dropped in price (yes, I can predict the future) after his stint in the forward line and I will get him back in for $530k ish.

Kuruki

Abletts scores last season in the 3 wins for the GC. 84 87 101. If you are expecting him to come back and get a win and 140+ points you may be dissapointed one way or the other.

oldshepp

I reckon Birchall had a similar injury to GAJ's and look how shower he was on the weekend.

Could barely kick the ball over a jam tim.  Probably shouldn't have played but Hawks defence is shaky with Gibbo

owenbond007

Quote from: -Hector- on May 09, 2012, 07:10:27 PM

I traded him out for Swan last week (only had Swan in on the weekend). However I've only 'wasted' one trade that I'm aware of.

Once Ebert is a juicy price (hopefully in no more than 2 weeks) Ablett will have dropped in price (yes, I can predict the future) after his stint in the forward line and I will get him back in for $530k ish.

Who got benched for swan that week. Would be interesting to find out the difference between him and swan. Pretty sure you will need to downgrade another guy to upgrade ebert to ablett. But i suppose you would of done that to get Swan anyway.