Ablett: The Saga Continues...

Started by martindc, May 09, 2012, 11:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martindc

McKenna now hinting that Ablett may be moved up forward upon his return to give the younger players more time in the mids.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/135303/default.aspx

hardnut

this is great for the GCS and I don't see it being a big issue for his DT output. He may not consistently get 40 touches but he had no trouble racking points for Geelong in the forward line

underdog11

Also great for horsley's js, he wont stay there long though

Usman

Quote from: hardnut on May 09, 2012, 11:30:25 AM
this is great for the GCS and I don't see it being a big issue for his DT output. He may not consistently get 40 touches but he had no trouble racking points for Geelong in the forward line

I cant really see it happening, but the one difference is Geelong were good when he did that. A move predominantly forward at the GC would definately hurt his scores.

mjbcattery

Quote from: hardnut on May 09, 2012, 11:30:25 AM

I think you forgot that the ball doesn't really go info GCS forward line like it did at Geelong, those who traded ablett 2 weeks ago are laughing, he will drop at least 100,000 on return, less onball time, fitness level has been badly shot, may even be subbed off... Trade now for money and kill it later

Justin Bieber

Good I traded him out ;D

But he will still play more midfield after about two games back.

Expect 140's from round 10 and onwards.

ossie85

Quote from: whatlez on May 09, 2012, 11:43:00 AM
Good I traded him out ;D

Ablett in the forward line against the Giants?

..... and you guys don't think he'll score well?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: ossie85 on May 09, 2012, 11:55:06 AM
Quote from: whatlez on May 09, 2012, 11:43:00 AM
Good I traded him out ;D

Ablett in the forward line against the Giants?

..... and you guys don't think he'll score well?

Cause we suck :'( lol

glam77

if you never traded him out and never will.... you have not lost a cent. You are keeping him for the points he scores, not his dollar value.

if you traded him out and plan on trading him back in after he loses $100k, congratulations for using 2 trades for a 100k gain. Peronally, id' want a bigger payback than $100K. I'd rather gamble 2 trades and $100k on a rookie trade with only a fraction of the risk (horsley or adams), rather than a permium trade.

The only way you gain trading him out is if he's out long term.

Praetorian

Quote from: glam77 on May 09, 2012, 12:09:00 PM
if you never traded him out and never will.... you have not lost a cent. You are keeping him for the points he scores, not his dollar value.

if you traded him out and plan on trading him back in after he loses $100k, congratulations for using 2 trades for a 100k gain. Peronally, id' want a bigger payback than $100K. I'd rather gamble 2 trades and $100k on a rookie trade with only a fraction of the risk (horsley or adams), rather than a permium trade.

No, it's only one extra trade. 1 trade for 100k and Swan's output in the meantime is about right.

glam77

Quote from: Praetorian on May 09, 2012, 12:13:32 PM

No, it's only one extra trade. 1 trade for 100k and Swan's output in the meantime is about right.

as per the original comment...
"if you traded him out and plan on trading him back in" = 2 trades

if you do 1 trade ablett to swan and do not consider trading him back in then i think you still scarifice the opportuntiy to have the 2 best mids in the comp in your team.

chaosAD

Great news, if he plays forward he will win the Coleman Medal and still get 30+ every week! Expect 140+ every week from now on!
Nothing will change! I would suggest that he'll be playing most of his time in the middle anyway, its just comical that you would play the best midfielder in the comp in the forward line instead of the middle.
I hope everyone falls for it because i still have the little master!

glam77

Quote from: chaosAD on May 09, 2012, 12:24:08 PM
Great news, if he plays forward he will win the Coleman Medal and still get 30+ every week!
in the end i don't think his output would be affected much.
does it matter if he gets 6 handballs in the centre , or 1 mark/kick/goal up forward. still same output.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: chaosAD on May 09, 2012, 12:24:08 PM
Great news, if he plays forward he will win the Coleman Medal and still get 30+ every week! Expect 140+ every week from now on!
Nothing will change! I would suggest that he'll be playing most of his time in the middle anyway, its just comical that you would play the best midfielder in the comp in the forward line instead of the middle.
I hope everyone falls for it because i still have the little master!

Only if we can get the ball in the forward line  :-X lol

ossie85

I traded him out thinking he was going to miss at least another 2. Damn media.