Disaster year for my team!!!!!

Started by antonc, May 09, 2012, 10:04:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antonc

Has been a disaster year for my team so far
Have/had Carrots, Fyfe, Ablett, Mummy, Birch + multiple GWS players + Hall being rested/Rotated.
Have copped a number of donuts along the way and silly enough traded in some hype players in Ziebel ( really thought he would have a breakout year and average about 100) and Whitecross. Then add the players who have been under performing this year as in Franklin, Broughton and Gibbs. In summery this team has only been able to get 1 2000 plus score for the year. My total of 5 below 2000 scores is only 2 or 3 lower then the total amount of below 2000 scores of the last 3 years!!!!!!
And we have only had 6 rounds.

I always like to go for a high overall ranking (2010 ~ 300, 2011 ~ 1800). I can wave that goodbye this year.
Only (or should I say still) won 6 league games over 4 leagues I am in.

Thank God I didn't play a strong opponent in eliminator.

Sorry for my venting guys. Prob some people who are worse off

Ps I have 28 of the players selected by the top 100 teams including the top 10

bowyanger

I, having a bleter so far also.

In all my leagues, I have the most points against, in some cases, more than 600 to the next points against coach, I seem to be the whipping boy at the moment.

Ive got similar player selection issues, Mighty Mouse McGlynn is killing me, considering theyve had a pretty good start to the year.

2 weeks ago I traded out Yarran and traded in Drummond  :o :o

Patch Adams hasnt been a wonderful choice either

My backline is a disaster...but I guess Ive only used 3 trades to now

The season is only a 1/4 of the way through though mate...anything can happen, things will only start to settle down a bit now.

Think of all the people that have gone the 5 rook mids strategy...they will take a while to get going but will more than likely feature prominately in the top 1000 at years end

antonc

You are prob right mate.
Hopefully my luck will turn around.

Jukes

Same here. My team has had the worst luck, with both captain selection, trading and rookie selection on field. Have had two very good weeks right up there but have sucked massively the other few weeks and sit at around 8,000. Used lots of trades and I think my team is near perfection. Am at 3rd in two leagues, mid table in two more and 15th in another.

underdog11

I am frustrated and im in the top 1500, coming 1st 2nd 2nd 3rd and 11th in my leagues,  in the last week of dt pre-season i chose birchall and shaw over heppel and scotland, fml! if i wouldnt of made that terrible decison i would be top 75, but now i can see there are worse off people, good luck from here matey.