Harley Bennell?

Started by Perthwildcat, May 09, 2012, 12:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perthwildcat

Did anyone watch this guy on the weekend?

Silky smooth kick, speed to burn and DPP.  May just roll and dice and get him for Goodes.

You gotta risk it to get the biscuit...

BC2010

kilbluff1985

not this year maybe next year though

tbagrocks

mid/fwd dpp yeah? might be  goer fwd?

tbagrocks

huge fan of this kid! Q is: what price & posi can we get him next year?

the kid might show us all and star this year

Roy.G.Biv

I'm actually considering upgrading D.Smith to him, sure Smith has a b/e of 31, but Harley has a b/e of 6, his run before his bye is favourable to say the least.
Then in round 13 he gets upgraded to one of the premium rnd 12 forwards as Buddy & Robbo are staying put!
That's my plan.  8)

newfreofan

Quote from: kilbluff1995 on May 09, 2012, 01:13:21 AM
not this year maybe next year though

+1, upgrades are for proven regular scorers. You'll be kicking yourself if he turns around and gives you a couple of 50's, especially with GAJ coming back.

Hawka

Be wary if Gaz does comeback soon and starts denting his scores again

Justin Bieber

Next year is a close lock.

Absolute gun and staying at the Gc for two more years after this one :)

Ricochet

won't be a top 10 forward this year so its a no from me

bowyanger

Living on the Goldy I watch most suns games.

The bloke has looked good all year, especially since Ablett & RiskyTV has been out.

He is a freak really...not just good

Not sure what will happen when RiskyTV comes back, or Ablett.

Another bloke that will be a gun, who is just rolling along at the moment, is Matera.

In 3 years time, these 2 blokes will be the next generation, chomping at the heels of MMurphy and Pendles, much the same way MMurphy & Pendles are giving Ablett and Judd some competition for dominance at the moment.

I tell you what, Harmicheal has been very impressive in his progress also, has the confidence and professionilsm to be a great player, 2 of the key ingredients needed. Love watching him play just as much as Cyril n Franklin, the dude has thighs like tree trunks, such a strong core to tackle which is very important playing in the guts. When he tackles someone, its great viewing, they usually get up really slowly

unceramonius

Not for $348

The guy was everywhere, 37 possessions etc etc......but only got 128 points.   You would be forgiving for thinking pav was a late with drawel....but he scored only 15 less points!!!!!!!

Do you see bennell averaging 37 possessions a game?  Hell no, with gaz and risch coming back, a even bigger hell no.

But if he could score the same amount of points while racking up 20 possessions, different story

The F.A.R.K.

Dont want to be racist at all its just in a general term

but the indigenous lads usually are inconsistent. They are all generally great players and eciting to watch but that doesnt always relate to dt points. Rioli can take 7 bouces down the wing dodge 4 defenders and kick a goal but only get 9 points, yet he could get best on field for a few of these

Bennell is a great player but he wont be cracking out 130s every week

Phasir

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on May 09, 2012, 05:39:33 PM
Dont want to be racist at all its just in a general term

but the indigenous lads usually are inconsistent. They are all generally great players and eciting to watch but that doesnt always relate to dt points. Rioli can take 7 bouces down the wing dodge 4 defenders and kick a goal but only get 9 points, yet he could get best on field for a few of these

Bennell is a great player but he wont be cracking out 130s every week
what's that Sydney Swans' players' name..? Adam Goodes the two time brownlow medalist and one of the most consistent DTers in history you say? sounds about right.
I'd compare Harley to Adam, not Cyril, because DELICIOUS can't play midfield. 

Phasir

I'd also like to add that YES he may be inconsistent to some degree, but he's a 2nd year player, come 2012 he could be bigger than Fyfe