MRP is a joke

Started by owenbond007, May 08, 2012, 09:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

auscoyote

Damn how did he make me bite!

flower him

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: unceramonius on May 09, 2012, 05:33:28 PM
A lot of people here are like Demetriou. Ooooooooh dont mention anything iffy, lets keep it hush hush or its a fine.
My posts are on topic, unlike others who post random crap like their display picture etc. or completely ignore 645 topics asking the same trade info. Now is this about the mrp being a joke?  Yes.  Did i add my opinion on it?  Yes.  Did i say Beau can snipe anyone he wants?  Again yes....hence the tc is right.   If the truth hurts, sorry, get over it.

I dont get angry, but ALOT of people get seriously butthurt on this forum. If you can post what you like, i will too, and its within the confines of the topic, so toh.

i agree with the bold but thats why im here

look its all good to fark shower up sometimes but it has to be in a joking way and i reckon the problem with you is you are mischevious

look i have been banned just recently and am facing the FRP (Fanfooty Review Panel) on charges of abuse (*irene*) so will probs cop another because of carryover points but thats the way i live

Justin Bieber

Haha fark and this other guy.

Broughtons in our euros team so I was joking you flowering dickhead. But seriously if you go for the ball, go head first like a man not slide tackle like a person.

unceramonius

Lol same, ALOT of very soft people here.   I dont need to respond to the "tactics"  The fact 4 out of 6 coaches have now complained, walls, darcy, bomber, llyon.....means the afl will have to do something to stop it,  or risk 5 hour games full of stoppages as teams just do the exact same back.

To stay on topic, yes the mrp is a joke.  Judd hit an ump last year and they blamed the ump lol

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: unceramonius on May 09, 2012, 05:50:04 PM
Lol same, ALOT of very soft people here.   I dont need to respond to the "tactics"  The fact 4 out of 6 coaches have now complained, walls, darcy, bomber, llyon.....means the afl will have to do something to stop it,  or risk 5 hour games full of stoppages as teams just do the exact same back.

To stay on topic, yes the mrp is a joke.  Judd hit an ump last year and they blamed the ump lol

still i reckon it has just been the bad ones bringing the fair slides into the spotlight

sliding is an important skill in the game

pulling out of a contest and sliding in knees or feet first is not

unceramonius

nah FARK  i agree, i was refering to west coast ducking.

4 out of their 6 opponents have complained now, on top of the other names i mentioned and robbo also.

they have 52 more frees than ANYONE IN THE COMP, after only 6 ROUNDS.  MASSIVE changes will be done youd think.

the sliding is fine, kness and studs first, offcourse not

HappyDEZ

Quote from: unceramonius on May 09, 2012, 05:56:25 PM
nah FARK  i agree, i was refering to west coast ducking.

4 out of their 6 opponents have complained now, on top of the other names i mentioned and robbo also.

they have 52 more frees than ANYONE IN THE COMP, after only 6 ROUNDS.  MASSIVE changes will be done youd think.

the sliding is fine, kness and studs first, offcourse not
Re: WCE tactics. There are prob 2 issues here. 1) The lowering of your height & 2) the raising of the elbow. Alot of the times they are used conjunction. It is as def. a case of a practiced technique, you can see the head lower & the elbow lift just before the tackle makes contact, inevitably it slides up the arm for a high contact free kick. I have no qualms with West Coast employing this tactic under the current laws of the game & agree the rules should be looked into to allow umpires to overlook high contact free kicks in certain circumstances.

unceramonius

Oh the afl wil have to. No longer are coaches scared of demetrious hitler hush hush mumbo jumbo. Thats how bad its getting.

I think they have 157 total frees ( most in the leauge) 97 against ( least in the leauge).  52 more frees than the 2nd placed team. You give Richmond 52 more possessions.....or free kicks and i guarentee they arnt 1-5.  So its a very very very big problem, and a problem ONE team is exploiting ( cheating)

Even the geish has come out now.....so it looks like this may stop, before all we see is head ducking, tackling shrugging nonsense from all teams the second it hits your 50.  Because in a sport that is based on adaptation, its either a rule change or 17 other teams just doing the same.  And if you pay it for one team...you have to pay it for the other.  Games could go 5 hours long

Chopps

Quote from: unceramonius on May 09, 2012, 06:47:53 PM
Oh the afl wil have to. No longer are coaches scared of demetrious hitler hush hush mumbo jumbo. Thats how bad its getting.

I think they have 157 total frees ( most in the leauge) 97 against ( least in the leauge).  52 more frees than the 2nd placed team. You give Richmond 52 more possessions.....or free kicks and i guarentee they arnt 1-5.  So its a very very very big problem, and a problem ONE team is exploiting ( cheating)

Even the geish has come out now.....so it looks like this may stop, before all we see is head ducking, tackling shrugging nonsense from all teams the second it hits your 50.  Because in a sport that is based on adaptation, its either a rule change or 17 other teams just doing the same.  And if you pay it for one team...you have to pay it for the other.  Games could go 5 hours long

unceremonious it is not cheating, in no way are they breaking the rules of the game therefore its not cheating, the other 17 teams need to adapt to beat them at it. i am not suggesting others start playing the same but like the forward press teams found ways around it.

now back on topic, the difference to broughton and goodes is goodes slid in and was second to the ball broughton from what i can see was first (swallow was still on his feat and not in the contest for the ball)

Quote from: whatlez on May 09, 2012, 05:48:03 PM

Broughtons in our euros team so I was joking you flowering dickhead. But seriously if you go for the ball, go head first like a man not slide tackle like a person.

you havent played football before have you? or maybe you have and being tough and going head first has given you brain damage  :P ... all tongue in cheek.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: unceramonius on May 09, 2012, 06:47:53 PM

Your a Geelong supporter right? Your captain is the pioneer of ducking.

unceramonius

Like dermott says, there not brave enough to take the game on. its a get out of jail card.  I really think, we will have a vast majority of teams doing this now if it isnt changed.   52 more possessions after only 6 rounds is mammoth.....what team wouldnt want that?

and im glad broughton got off

and yes im well aware joel does it, as does cyril.  But a WHOLE team doing it is just plain weak, and why so many clubs, coaches, officials have had enough now

mpollock

@unceramonius - the issue i take with your comments is that you attack the WCE specifically not the rule.  J.Selwood from your own team started this stuff and the WCE followed .... as far as i am concerned Selwood is very clever and within his rights to do this ... and so are the eagles.

(I go for the Hawks by the way and have lost games to both Geelong and the WCE this year partly due to this RULE ... not due to anything that Selwood or WCE are doing outside of the rules.)

Do i like this ... no, i absolutely hate it ... it is not in the spirit of the game .. but it is currently allowed.

"as does cyril" - the guy is 4 foot nothing ... of course he is going to be taken high .. doesn't get many free kicks however compared to others ... and he doesn't need to duck his head as no one can catch the bloke.  ;D

"Like dermott says, there not brave enough to take the game on" - Selwood is not that brave based on his little incident with Raines the other week  ;)  Hodge is the toughest and bravest player in the comp (in my slightly bias opinion) ... you don't see him duck or slide in incorrectly.

TheHanger

Quote from: whatlez on May 09, 2012, 05:48:03 PM

its too harsh to ask players to go in head first or be labelled a person, footy can be flowering scary and having two or three other massive blokes running at you can freak you out and not wanting to get cleaned up every time you go for the ball is understandable, you slide in and as long as you don't go feet first its alright in my book

Justin Bieber

I was raised to put your head over the ball.

If you don't you get dragged. So man up broughton.

Bluke

Quote from: unceramonius on May 09, 2012, 07:24:44 PM
Like dermott says, there not brave enough to take the game on. its a get out of jail card.  I really think, we will have a vast majority of teams doing this now if it isnt changed.   52 more possessions after only 6 rounds is mammoth.....what team wouldnt want that?

and im glad broughton got off

and yes im well aware joel does it, as does cyril.  But a WHOLE team doing it is just plain weak, and why so many clubs, coaches, officials have had enough now

your incompetence is buried under an avalanche of inadequacies.