Apart from the cash is Horse a sensible trade in?

Started by T Dog, May 08, 2012, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Dog

A lot of talk and theory about getting Horse in. If it wasnt for the cash is he a good trade in ? Job Security, future scoring potential, Team fit, etc etc. Any thoughts on his potential as a premium keeper as compared to Shiel, Magner, Treloar, McDonald or others?

The Grundles

Horse has proven himself over a lot of other goldies.  Even with Ablett back he will still remain in the side...he is like Melbournes Magner.

T Dog

Good man and thanks there Grundles. That is what needs to be known ;D

Scrads

A man in the sort of form Horsely is in cannot simply be dropped, it sends such a wrong message not only to him but to all of the other young kids at GC.

Zombie2.5

Quote from: The Grundles on May 08, 2012, 09:07:48 PM
Horse has proven himself over a lot of other goldies.  Even with Ablett back he will still remain in the side...he is like Melbournes Magner.
Oh noes..... don't become the second coming of Magner, the man who scored consecutive tons, only to be handed a tagging role which sacrificed his own DT game.....

JamSainter

Quote from: Zombie2.5 on May 08, 2012, 09:14:58 PM
Quote from: The Grundles on May 08, 2012, 09:07:48 PM
Oh noes..... don't become the second coming of Magner, the man who scored consecutive tons, only to be handed a tagging role which sacrificed his own DT game.....
HAHA That is so true!  :(

Holz

He is worth it for me as his bye is great and will make alot of money, im not expecting him to keep up anywhere near his average and I will play Mcdonald and Greene over him and keep him on the bench for a late upgrade. If he does peform good enough than he will be great bench cover.

For me he is a little like greene, its was obvious he was going to make alot of cash but people didnt think he would keep it up.

T Dog

Quote from: Holzman on May 08, 2012, 10:04:55 PM
He is worth it for me as his bye is great and will make alot of money, im not expecting him to keep up anywhere near his average and I will play Mcdonald and Greene over him and keep him on the bench for a late upgrade. If he does peform good enough than he will be great bench cover.

For me he is a little like greene, its was obvious he was going to make alot of cash but people didnt think he would keep it up.
Thanks there Holzman but using trades on bench cover? Not really my thing at present. Am just looking for on field scoring potental :-\

Torress

this bloke is a MUST HAVE - i don't think we'll get a rookie like this one the rest of this season. mature age, looking at a massive price rise straight up - vs GWS, no rischitelli, ect.

i wouldn't say he is a premo rookie keeper or anything but he shows scoring potential as a junior as well and apparently finished 2nd in the i think its called sandown medal in WAFL?  he is a mature ager - 24 years old, tick.

game 1 - 15 kicks, 4 handballs, 5 marks, 8 tackles, 0.1 goals vs NM

game 2 - 12 kicks, 13 handballs, 7 marks, 10 tackles  vs freo

playing in the guts, he also could be traded out for a GWS player to ledger up your bye plans if needed/wanted

lock trade imo