Main Menu

Fyfe

Started by Chelskiman, May 03, 2012, 08:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What shall I do with Fyfe?

Clay Smith > Pfeiffer then Swap Pfeiffer into the forward line with Fyfe, THEN upgrade Fyfe to Murphy (can't quite afford Swan) and hold $11,800 in the bank?
3 (33.3%)
Straight swap Fyfe to either Robbo or Beams and hold $56,500 (if I go Robbo) or $71,400 (if I go Beams) in the bank?
6 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Chelskiman

A couple of options there, just vote/comment on which you think is the best.

Windigo

I like option 2. But is Beams the best buy?

Chappy provides great value?  ???

blueboys86

i reckon you should maybe read one of the other 5000 posts about 'what to do with fyfe'

Chelskiman

Chappy is an option, as is Goodes, but I'm worried about how they will pull up given their ages.  They do prove me wrong year in and year out as they both don't seem to be declining, but it's surely got to happen at some stage.  Robbo and Beams have age on their side, so you would expect them to play every game except for injuries.  Chappy is likely to miss a few games during the season.

Quote from: blueboys86 on May 03, 2012, 08:19:28 PM
i reckon you should maybe read one of the other 5000 posts about 'what to do with fyfe'

I think you should post something constructive, but you don't always get what you want.

Windigo

What about a cheap FWD like Zaha and then look what you can do from there maybe?

Ajax22

Option 2 I reckon.

Pfieffer could have similar selection issues to C.Smith in the near future and is just not worth the risk of picking up imo.

Even tho he's expensive now I feel Robbo is by far the most solid looking forward upgrade at present. As you said a lot of other guys are getting older and theres always that chance of breaking down. Beams I'm sorta putting in the same boat, I'd like to see him string a bunch of games together before getting on. At this point in the season I rate durability pretty high, especially with these stupid rookie rotation policies

Chelskiman

Quote from: Windigo on May 03, 2012, 08:24:30 PM
What about a cheap FWD like Zaha and then look what you can do from there maybe?

Zaha can pump out some big scores too, but his inconsistency worries me.  Scores of 47 and 68 don't instill me with much
confidence.

Quote from: Ajax22 on May 03, 2012, 08:26:04 PM
Option 2 I reckon.

Pfieffer could have similar selection issues to C.Smith in the near future and is just not worth the risk of picking up imo.

Even tho he's expensive now I feel Robbo is by far the most solid looking forward upgrade at present. As you said a lot of other guys are getting older and theres always that chance of breaking down. Beams I'm sorta putting in the same boat, I'd like to see him string a bunch of games together before getting on. At this point in the season I rate durability pretty high, especially with these stupid rookie rotation policies

Robbo is certainly my first choice if I were to straight swap.  Has a decent draw coming up, and he's playing good footy in general.  He is more expensive than anyone else, but there's obviously a good reason for that.