Is this crazy? No GAJ, No Swan ...

Started by westnfront, May 03, 2012, 08:39:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westnfront

Current Mids are GAJ, Boyd, Selwood, Pendles, Magnet, Coniglio, Greene and Shiel.
$350k & 20 trades left.
With the uncertainty around GAJ am tossing up which way to go and am contemplating: GAJ to MM and Conigs to Rockliff.
I dropped from 1000 to 4000 last week, so need to take action IMO.
Is it crazy not to go GAJ to Swan? Prefer MM as already have two Rnd 12 premo mids in Pendles and Selwood.
GAJ and / or Swan could then come in as last MID later on ...
??

specky92

You can't go Murphy this round if he's rested and at the end of the season youd want to have both anyway,

brodman_18

I'm waiting until after collingwoods bye round to get Swan and Pendles in the same midfield

Ricochet

Quote from: westnfront on May 03, 2012, 08:39:27 AM
Current Mids are GAJ, Boyd, Selwood, Pendles, Magnet, Coniglio, Greene and Shiel.
$350k & 20 trades left.
With the uncertainty around GAJ am tossing up which way to go and am contemplating: GAJ to MM and Conigs to Rockliff.
Is it crazy not to go GAJ to Swan? Prefer MM as already have two Rnd 12 premo mids in Pendles and Selwood.
??
I think you need one of Swan or Ablett, preferably both
Personally, i would do one of those trades (maybe GAJ to Murphs) and then spend your money to upgrade elsewhere like your backs or forwards
Then after the byes look to get Swan in

danger

I started the year without swan and GAJ, only brought GAJ in then he got injured..
:-[
Still, I'm doing alright considering I didn't have either of them..
Currently ranked 5th overall (in my league  :P)

picker_man

I wouldnt get swan in till after his bye possible to miss atleast 3 weeks in a row. The pies play GC then the DEMONS heading into there bye, perfect timing of these two easy games to send a handful of pies to Arizona and most likely including swan (cause he's so fat!! :P ). You would also guarantee they would all be back for rd13 against the eagles. Persoanlly getting in Ablett after round 8 as hopefully he would of played a game or two by then and will give me an idea of how the knee really is!
Ablett back in asap, then swan after bye to sum it up. So yep you want both at years end ;D

Torpedo10

Quote from: Ricochet on May 03, 2012, 11:40:03 AM
Quote from: westnfront on May 03, 2012, 08:39:27 AM
$350k & 20 trades left.
??
I think you need one of Swan or Ablett, preferably both
Personally, i would do one of those trades (maybe GAJ to Murphs) and then spend your money to upgrade elsewhere like your backs or forwards
Then after the byes look to get Swan in
I've got GAJ and I'm keeping him. I'm looking to upgrade to get either Pendles or Swan this week or next. Which ever i don't get I'll get after the bye.

westnfront

Thanks for the feedback.
Its 50/50 ... but I am holding GAJ and upgrading Conigs to Mark Murphy, so I can field 4 premo mids this round.
5/3 MID and grab Swan after the bye.