Some concern over Jelwood for this week

Started by Nails, May 02, 2012, 08:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/selwoods-knockon-effect-concerns-cats-20120501-1xx8y.html

''At the time [of the Raines knock] he was a bit sick and sore. We have just got to take our time with him to make sure that he is right. By Friday we'll know and make a conservative decision.''

oldshepp

For a player that has a reputation for being tough he really is as weak as piss !

BGK

Quote from: oldshepp on May 02, 2012, 08:50:31 PM
For a player that has a reputation for being tough he really is as weak as piss !

Hahaha nice.

unceramonius

Old shepp, are you on crack?

the guy has won 3 flags in his first 5 years in the afl.  And has received praise from many legends of the game for his toughness.  Him and bartel are tougher than a $2 steak, and to say otherwise, shows a distinct lack of footy knowledge.

weak as piss, would be sandilands.  he would cut himself shaving his legs and miss a week

Zombie2.5

Yeah i heard he might be in doubt too.
With that many knocks to his head..... it's pretty amazing he's still playing.

I've got him captain, i have faith he'll get back up and pump out a great score v the Demons at Simonds, his best ground.
Let's hope he plays though, he just got out of suspension....

Ajax22

I wouldn't say Selwood's soft by any margin, he's the kind of bloke that will take big hits all day every day and just keep on getting up and barging in. The issue I think he has is that he can be a bit of a sook and not handle the little niggly things as well. Whacking a tagger in the face is just stupid and going on about how Raines deserved it is stupid. This is AFL footy boys not some U15's comp, each week coaches are gonna look at how to shut down the oppositions top players and assign their players roles to do so. Niggling and getting inside of an opponents head is perfectly acceptable and the top players have got to just learn to deal with that.

As for this week does anyone think that Magner could potentially shut him down?

owenbond007

raines didnt hit him hard enough. Lost all respect for this bloke last week. Call it what you like but he kin hit raines. Then dived after a slap back. If I was raines id of followed that up slap up and shattered his nose all over his face.

Kuruki

Did he get knocked out when Raines hit him?. Can't see why they would bother risking him against Melbourne if there is even a small concern about it.

tigers123

Quote from: owenbond007 on May 02, 2012, 09:38:08 PM
raines didnt hit him hard enough. Lost all respect for this bloke last week. Call it what you like but he kin hit raines. Then dived after a slap back. If I was raines id of followed that up slap up and shattered his nose all over his face.

flower off selwood "king hit him"!

he punched him on the shoulder, and it looked like a soft punch at that!

unceramonius

lolololololololol king hit

thanks for the laugh:)

Chopps

king hit i dont think so, he ll play and smash it

Nails

Quote from: Chopps on May 02, 2012, 10:48:16 PM

Why do I have to line up against you in like 2-3 leagues this week Chopps? ::)

Make or break in Bluddy Goode, season over if I lose this week probably.  #hardtowinthecupfrom18th

elephants

Quote from: Nails on May 02, 2012, 11:02:32 PM
Quote from: Chopps on May 02, 2012, 10:48:16 PM

Why do I have to line up against you in like 2-3 leagues this week Chopps? ::)

Make or break in Bluddy Goode, season over if I lose this week probably.  #hardtowinthecupfrom18th

My loss to FF last week put me at 1-2 and in some real trouble...

mpollock

Selwood .... the perfect exponent of "the cat slap" ... if he played for Sydney it would be the "swan dive"  ;D

Just having a joke, he is a very good player ... just needs to be a bit more professional ... nobody (except perhaps die hard one eyed cats fans) can say he hasn't lost at least a bit of respect with his two incidents now (Guerra and Raines).

Hey, but we all make mistakes .... there have been far worse guys over the last 20 years  :)

me

he's easily one of the toughest bravest players in the comp - can't question that - and if you do, then should play footy yourself and see how u go ;]