GAJ - DONT TRADE

Started by Jormas, May 02, 2012, 01:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sledgendary

Ablett has 143, 162 and a 97 rolling through his 3 game average, and went up 8K last round, therefor with the 143 dropping out, his break-even must be around the 130 mark? If he comes back firing, you’d assume not 100% out of the blocks, best case would be around this 130 mark. Next week the 162 drops out, so break even if he only hit the 130 the week prior would be up around that 160 mark â€" again it is Gary, so craziest scenario is he hits this. Worse case if you trade him is that he maintains his price ( other scenario could see him drop significantly ).
Plan A sees me grab a fallen premium for Ablett, which could net you anywhere between 50-100K.
If Ablett is out for 2-3, then you have a 4-5 week window to safely pick him up again at same price to seriously underpriced. Surely in this window we’ll all be looking for an upgrade anyway after a downgrade or two.
Risk â€" is there any?
Gain â€" points, rookie V premium mid for 2-3 weeks, say 100-150?
Dollars â€" there are good fallen premiums currently, but chances are there’ll be others if you trade later. So $0 to unknown in dollar amount. Personally I am looking uber unique and grabbing Cotchin, he’s set to rise already and then his drawer opens right up for a big second half! BANG. Good time to jump on.
Cost â€" 1 trade. ( not insignificant )

After all this, I still can’t decide. I have used trades far more frivolously already this season â€" perhaps this is why I’m hesitant!

-Hector-

Quote from: zeddyzed on May 02, 2012, 02:29:05 PM
Or, do GC play it safe and not risk their captain... I dont see how the GWS game is so important, if they lose then they'll be favorites for the spoon and will clean up at the draft haha. If he does return early he is a prime candidate for the vest/vested. And 30-40 points a week doesnt seem like much, but at the end of the season the difference between the top teams is only marginal. Every point counts, and by keeping GAJ you are instantly behind the 8 ball. And theres no guarantees that he wont hurt himself again, in which case you will have to trade him out yet wont have gained those extra points by doing it earlier.

So what do you gain by keeping him on the bench? You save a trade.

Those that traded him out are in a far better position, gaining extra points, plus the luxury of watching and waiting to see if hes the same Gary Ablett on return. If he is then the 500k sitting in my bank will bring him straight back in.
But if he takes a while to get going, or is vested then you will lose out, and those that traded him early will get the best player in the game back for pennies;) ;)     

Oh, and i agree hes charismatic...but that wont stop the taggers lol! ;D

Correction. You save 2, possibly 3 or 4 trade (on getting him back in). If you're going for overall, do you think you'll win without him? Unlikely.

Ricochet

Quote from: -Hector- on May 02, 2012, 03:36:41 PM
Or, do GC play it safe and not risk their captain... I dont see how the GWS game is so important, if they lose then they'll be favorites for the spoon and will clean up at the draft haha. If he does return early he is a prime candidate for the vest/vested. And 30-40 points a week doesnt seem like much, but at the end of the season the difference between the top teams is only marginal. Every point counts, and by keeping GAJ you are instantly behind the 8 ball. And theres no guarantees that he wont hurt himself again, in which case you will have to trade him out yet wont have gained those extra points by doing it earlier.

Those that traded him out are in a far better position, gaining extra points, plus the luxury of watching and waiting to see if hes the same Gary Ablett on return. If he is then the 500k sitting in my bank will bring him straight back in.
But if he takes a while to get going, or is vested then you will lose out, and those that traded him early will get the best player in the game back for pennies;) ;)     

Correction. You save 2, possibly 3 or 4 trade (on getting him back in). If you're going for overall, do you think you'll win without him? Unlikely.
Actually he is correct it is only 1 trade saved, it is the sideways trade used to get rid of him.
The 2-3 trades your talking about to get him back in is the same as if you were getting in any other premium. So you will use them anyway.

MGK1

jmac is adequate cover for him ill take a 80-90 for him.

everyone should be nearing an upgrade after this round and make it in the midfield to cover for him.

you will be laughing when he comes back.

if your in the top 10k your stupid to trade him.

Holz

Quote from: fertalong on May 02, 2012, 02:24:21 PM
The points lost is more than the 80 over 2-3 weeks though. If you are forced to field shiel instead of ablett, you're likely to be losing out on 50 points a week. However, that's nothing compared to what you will lose for the rest of the year if you trade him out.

KEEPING

your losing the difference between who you trade in for ablett and your rookie. Some people went ablett to JZ and kept shiel on the bench that lost you points. Unless you traded in Swanny or Rocky you didnt lose many points alll the rookies are doing well. I agree with you though keep Mcdonald is pumping out good scores so is decent cover for ablett. Shiel is just starting to warm up should be able to post 75+ most games.

fertalong

If you sideways trade to say Swan (avg 130ish) compared to not trading and playing Shiel (avg 75ish), you'll gain a total of 110 points for the next 2 weeks, but you've used a trade to gain those points.

Now, if you don't plan on trading Ablett back in and don't see him in the top 6 mids this year, then by all means, go for it. However, if you don't sideways trade him back in, you'll need 2 downgrades and an upgrade to get him back in. Just seems for an extra 110 points, wasting the 2-3 trades is not really worth it.

Having Ablett sitting on your bench is the same thing as having 500k sit in the bank. except you are saving trades.

upthemaidens

hasnt this subject been done to death???   people if you didnt trade him last week then why on earth would you trade him now? it doesnt make sense

Windigo

Hm, maybe 3 weeks more out...I dunno what to do. It could be drawn out thing, that article about the injury wasn't that positive.

pinochio

ye windy could be a dragged thing...ie to more then 3 weeks!!

whats the plan windy? :P

Plastic Boy

Quote from: upthemaidens on May 02, 2012, 04:37:24 PM
hasnt this subject been done to death???   people if you didnt trade him last week then why on earth would you trade him now? it doesnt make sense

Last week it was supposed to only be minor and 1 week, now this week its been stated he's out for 2-3 more... thats why

Windigo

Quote from: pinochio on May 02, 2012, 05:21:29 PM

Have a few plans:

GAJ>Murphy & Devon>Chapman

GAJ>Beams & Devon>Scotty T or J.Selwood (Would have 3 out during bye rounds though) or Kade or Josh P. But not keen on either really. Maybe Kade though.

Or keep GAJ for the long haul and go Dev>ROK.

egosbar

Quote from: upthemaidens on May 02, 2012, 04:37:24 PM

yes it will take three trades to get him back in , two downs one up

but it would of taken two trades to get in swan anyway , one down one up

so if you really think about it you have used one trade to go from ablett to swan , lets not forget who was the best dt over the last few years , swan is clearly not a mistake bringing in as he had too come in anyway , ablett has  played 4 games at 134 average sure its great but will he maintain it , he hasnt ever averaged that high why would you think he will continue to average 128 or more im willing to bet his average will be around 118-123 , its a pretty easy sell while he is high make 30k , buy back when he hits 550 make 40 k ,dont forget the 30k saved on swan by buying at bottom either total money could be around 100k profit , one trade in reality if you take out the two it would of taken to bring in swan anyway

very easy decision , glad i made it last week , knew hed be out for a couple minimum and no guarenttee he wont be spending longer stints on the bench to protect him , he was overplayed in all games , clearly especially against the bombers he was absolutely spent and could hardly get himself off the ground , no player will maintain that not even god as it has been proven HES OUT

good on the coaches who forsaw this and traded him out with thought not kneejerk as most think we did
ONE TRADE , EASY DECISION

trick now is too keep 150k in the bank so you can downgrade one and upgrade to him when his price is right , with all the cash cows going around keeping 150k in the bank is no problem , and if he dont work out you can upgrade to two premiums with one downgrade

couple more positives against my name would be nice if you agree lol . minus 8 v plus 1 , must of been talking some jibberish drunk one night haha

pinochio

Quote from: Windigo on May 02, 2012, 05:26:58 PM
Quote from: pinochio on May 02, 2012, 05:21:29 PM

Have a few plans:

GAJ>Murphy & Devon>Chapman

GAJ>Beams & Devon>Scotty T or J.Selwood (Would have 3 out during bye rounds though) or Kade or Josh P. But not keen on either really. Maybe Kade though.

Or keep GAJ for the long haul and go Dev>ROK.

geez u must have a fair bit in the bank...

i only have 50k...you cant think of any decent options for me can ya, i know i cant :( :(

thx

egosbar

ablett to swan simple , keep 100k in the bank you may need him back

picker_man

haha your going of prejections now?? last week everyone was saying your crazy for trading him he's only out for one week he said so himself ::) , well obviously that wasnt true...... Now someone is trying to convince themselves why they've kept him through projection scores ::)  thats some funny stuff