GAJ - DONT TRADE

Started by Jormas, May 02, 2012, 01:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jormas

He will miss 2, making it 3 games.

His draw until his bye is: rd 8 Bulldogs, rd 9 Port, rd10 Pies, rd 11 Saints, rd 12 North.

All these games he is projected to pull an average of 140.

Im my books, that is definetly worthy of sticking around for, Yes Murphs is also capeable of this feat, but then Ratten is keen on resting his guns. Ablett however, carries the team, and with a 3 week sideline, and especially if GCS loose to GWS in rd 7, he'll never miss a game if possible.

I will be keeping GAJ, yes you'll miss out of the 30-40 over the next 2 weeks, but that is only 80 out of the whole year, he'll make that up in a game. Potential to score 150+ against the Bullies.

It's impossible to tag this bloke, speed, agility, charisma and the fact that no one want to run that hard to catch up with him.

You'll be rooing your decision if you let him go this week. I have a feeling he'll have a good weekend and a great start to next week, returning to pump out a 160 against GWS, playing on J Mac. (old)  ::) ::)

Hope this changes your minds about GAJ!

T Dog

Interesting view there jormas....but nah...too iffy for me :o

colmullet

yeah im keeping, its just to hard to get him back in later

Justin Bieber

Yeah Jormas you are the man haha  ::)

Yeah I'm keeping him though...

danger

keeping.. only just brought the little machine in before his injury.. that's my luck!

fertalong

The points lost is more than the 80 over 2-3 weeks though. If you are forced to field shiel instead of ablett, you're likely to be losing out on 50 points a week. However, that's nothing compared to what you will lose for the rest of the year if you trade him out.

KEEPING

zeddyzed

Or, do GC play it safe and not risk their captain... I dont see how the GWS game is so important, if they lose then they'll be favorites for the spoon and will clean up at the draft haha. If he does return early he is a prime candidate for the vest/vested. And 30-40 points a week doesnt seem like much, but at the end of the season the difference between the top teams is only marginal. Every point counts, and by keeping GAJ you are instantly behind the 8 ball. And theres no guarantees that he wont hurt himself again, in which case you will have to trade him out yet wont have gained those extra points by doing it earlier.

So what do you gain by keeping him on the bench? You save a trade.

Those that traded him out are in a far better position, gaining extra points, plus the luxury of watching and waiting to see if hes the same Gary Ablett on return. If he is then the 500k sitting in my bank will bring him straight back in.
But if he takes a while to get going, or is vested then you will lose out, and those that traded him early will get the best player in the game back for pennies;) ;)     

Oh, and i agree hes charismatic...but that wont stop the taggers lol! ;D

newfreofan

Guy McKenna is hanging on to his job by his fingernails. You think he'd want to risk losing to GWS? I garuntee he's gone if they do.

essendon2

or trade him out now, then get him back later?

are two trades worth 120 points? (60 points each) not sure  :-\

scotty_222

id keep him, otherwise u will find it hard to try and get him back in later..

Kuruki

Quote from: fertalong on May 02, 2012, 02:24:21 PM
The points lost is more than the 80 over 2-3 weeks though. If you are forced to field shiel instead of ablett, you're likely to be losing out on 50 points a week. However, that's nothing compared to what you will lose for the rest of the year if you trade him out.

KEEPING

That depends who you trade in, Swan will not loose you too many points at all if any.

david.5

just keeping in mind he copped a knee injury. might be hard to fully recover straight away. ablett wasnt knocking out tons at the start of last year when he came in underdone coz injury. he scored subpar 100 games in 5 of his first 7 games.

Nails

Quote from: scotty_222 on May 02, 2012, 02:49:57 PM
id keep him, otherwise u will find it hard to try and get him back in later..

Not necessarily...

Has a BE of 119 next game... but if he only scores 119 will have a higher BE for the next week or two with that 97 in his 3 round average.

He might also come back and be a bit slower due to injury and therefore only pump out 105s for his first two games back, therefore resulting in a cheaper, easier to afford YAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBLETTTTTTTTTTT

tor01doc

I have a pressing need to win a game or 2 in my very competitive league.

Out he goes. Will be easier to get back in a couple of weeks as cash cows ripen ready for plucking.

Hopefully worth the extra trade.

Chelskiman

I'm holding.  I do need a league win (lost two in a row after winning my first game of the season) but I should be failry ok this week to hold Gaz and still pick up a win.  I have other things to worry about like Fyfe.