Main Menu

Freo linked to Cloke

Started by valkorum, May 02, 2012, 10:20:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/13575064/dockers-linked-with-1m-a-year-move-for-cloke/

QuoteFremantle have been linked with a $1 million-a-season move for Collingwood forward Travis Cloke.

Justin Bieber

Are you happy with this news?

valkorum

The one thing a lot of Freo fans (myself included) have been shouting out for is a dominant key forward.  We have Pav but he gets double and triple teamed.  Imagine this forward structure

F:  Balla Cloke Clarke/Sandi
HF: Mayne Pav DeBoer

I would sleep very well at night knowing that is our forward structure.  You wouldn't be able to afford to double/triple team Pav or Cloke as the other one would be free.  You then have to worry about the resting ruckman in Sandi and Clarke who are both able to clunk marks and kick goals (Clarke is better at kicking goals than Sandi)

I think a Cloke/Pav KPF is a hell of a lot stronger than Cloke/Dawes

Cicjose

I agree Valk but surely he would be the most expensive recruit we have ever had....

if we picked him up and won the flag next year would that make up for the Croad < number 1 draft pick trade?

Shaggy

Trent Croad = Beast. Went to school with him haha.

Cruiseon

We gave you Jack Anthony, he looks like a great option for you guys.  ;)

Cloke will be associated with about 12 clubs before he re-signs at Collingwood. Unfortunately that is how hid Dad (co-manager) operates, it's an annoying distraction but I wouldn't go building up your 2013 side on paper including T Cloke just yet.

Justin Bieber

Isn't Trent Croad retired?

valkorum

@cruise  -- His dad still looks after his footy contract, his new manager looks after ventures outside of football.  Distinct difference.

I think it's been his dad that has leaked this info trying to squeeze more money from all potential suitors.  I don't think Freo would want this information out publicly this early

That being said - I would be a very happy man if we did land Cloke for 2013 and beyond.