Keeping long term injured players

Started by Affliction, May 02, 2012, 01:13:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Affliction

Over the last couple seasons this helped me either win my league finals or make the final.

Jonathon Brown 2010
Aaron Sandilands 2011
Nathan Fyfe 2012

14 more rounds to go before dream team finals. Fyfe should be back by then.

Does anyone else do the same with long term injuries?

picker_man

haha i struggle to have a player 400k or more on the bench for one round without trading them out let alone fyfe for 12 weeks are you thinking of keeping him ???

Ricochet

You should have an allowance of 5 or so trades for injuries throughout the year... Use one of these on Fyfe

Affliction

Quote from: picker_man on May 02, 2012, 01:17:14 AM
haha i struggle to have a player 400k or more on the bench for one round without trading them out let alone fyfe for 12 weeks are you thinking of keeping him ???

thinking of keeping him

Quote from: Ricochet on May 02, 2012, 01:17:58 AM
You should have an allowance of 5 or so trades for injuries throughout the year... Use one of these on Fyfe

Prefer not to use trades for injuries unless its a season ending injury as I would like to have 8 trades left for the last 4 weeks for finals and planned two trades at the end of round 2 for fixing rookies that will make cash.

Leaves me with 14 left to upgrade/downgrade the rookies. 14 isn't enough unless you get some luck with for example a swan or murphy are subbed early in a game and you pick them a lot cheaper in a few weeks time.

Expecting more carnage this year with only one bye halfway through the season - expect teams to rest players in last 4 wks.

JKraz

....with the JS of the GWS guys, I really dont think anyone can afford to have premiums on the bench for 12 weeks....unless your in a spud league

Dazzalenko

I'd say let Fyfe go mate, I held onto him for a extra week, he did churn out a decent 90 but then again dropped another 50k, I burnt a trade side ways trading a playing rookie for a non playing rookie just so i could hold onto him and it was a bad call.

Unfortunately it looks like his shoulder will always be an issue he'll have to deal with, get on Sidey, Robbo or any forward around the same price

Ricochet

Quote from: Affliction on May 02, 2012, 01:38:26 AM

thinking of keeping him

Prefer not to use trades for injuries unless its a season ending injury as I would like to have 8 trades left for the last 4 weeks for finals and planned two trades at the end of round 2 for fixing rookies that will make cash.

Leaves me with 14 left to upgrade/downgrade the rookies. 14 isn't enough unless you get some luck with for example a swan or murphy are subbed early in a game and you pick them a lot cheaper in a few weeks time.

Expecting more carnage this year with only one bye halfway through the season - expect teams to rest players in last 4 wks.
why do you need 8 trades for seasons end? if you have fully upgraded your team to as best as you can you should only need 4 trades at most for the finals

Affliction

Quote from: Ricochet on May 02, 2012, 01:56:36 AM
Quote from: Affliction on May 02, 2012, 01:38:26 AM

thinking of keeping him

why do you need 8 trades for seasons end? if you have fully upgraded your team to as best as you can you should only need 4 trades at most for the finals

From what i've seen over the last couple of seasons players are rested over the last 4 weeks. Can see more teams this year following the same path as geelong last year. Especially if they are playing melb/gws/goldcoast

2 trades per week allows me to sideways trade the premiums instead sitting them on the bench for the week where my opponent who potentially could have the same player will leave them on their bench for a 1 week general soreness.

Ricochet

Ok yep if your only going for league wins I can definitely see the logic in saving trades, as long as your winning league matches