Main Menu

Fyfe out for 12 weeks

Started by valkorum, May 01, 2012, 07:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/134620/default.aspx

QuoteFREMANTLE midfielder Nat Fyfe will have surgery on his injured left shoulder which will rule him out for up to three months.

Cicjose

does this mean broughton gets midfield time and who will they get to replace him...

Clancee Pearce?

valkorum

Clancee is already in the team.

Maybe Spurr to come in and take the vest with Neale to start on the ground.

Capper

Quote from: valkorum on May 01, 2012, 07:39:46 PM
Clancee is already in the team.

Maybe Spurr to come in and take the vest with Neale to start on the ground.
so Neale to take his midfield spot rather than Spurr to come in to the backs and Mr B to the mids??

valkorum

Broughts is already running through the midfield.

Cruiseon

I just hope Fyfe isn't in a worse position for having played again when realistically he was never going to get through a long series of matches without a recurrance.

I'd be questioning the medical advice down there, Fyfe is Freo's future and not to be played around with.

valkorum

He played with the same injury all last season.  Freo have been very black and white about what would happen at each scenario.  They gave him a week off (after medical consultation and a second opinion) and said that if it happens just once more that he would be wrapped in cotton wool and sent for surgery. 

He got through the game against Carlton fine and then had the mishap at training.  Straight away the decision was made that he would be going for surgery.

Great outcome in my opinion and great transparency