Devon Smith

Started by lachie_001, May 01, 2012, 07:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lachie_001

He has a break even of 52 this week and is only averaging 65.8, scored 39 points last week and was the sub brought in during thr 3rd quarter. So when is it time to trade?

fertalong

This week if you need the cash, otherwise see how he goes this week. If it's another bad score then trade next week, if not, then hold for a couple more.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: lachie_001 on May 01, 2012, 07:17:29 PM
He has a break even of 52 this week and is only averaging 65.8, scored 39 points last week and was the sub brought in during thr 3rd quarter. So when is it time to trade?

When you have a viable alternative.

mpollock

I doubt he will be the sub again ... GWS seem to rotate all their players to be either rester or a sub ... it was just his turn ... so now that he is freshened up he should play way this week and hit his B/E ....  :)

fidou

I think that 39 came in a quarter or so because my league match up was facing a doughnut until he came on late.

TheHanger

he wont be sub again, that was probably his rest game, if he isn't named though strongly consider

tigers123

i like the kid, he is built like a brick showerhouse and has been playing solidly, so i'll be keeping him until a solid option for a downgrade/upgrade comes through...

Quote from: TheHanger on May 01, 2012, 07:37:50 PM
he wont be sub again, that was probably his rest game, if he isn't named though strongly consider

and i definitely agree with this ^

Windigo

Dev>ROK.

FWD's then about complete, only Treloar starting.  8)

Shanus_

I know now might be a right time to cash in on him but TBH I'm thinking about keeping him, with all the injuries and resting players this year & the bye rounds his fwd/mid could come in handy, unless he gets injured he looks like he is in there best 22 and with so many mid/fwd premiums this year he could be more useful then the likes of Shiel, Congilo, McDonald & even Magner?

I'm not to worried about his price drop as much as I am worried about donuts round 18+

This year is going to be harder then any other..

DT Gun

he is good for a 75 average i aint trading him hes a solid scorer

underdog11

I am locking him down for a lot longer, hall and Milerato go before him, he willo come good again

mpollock

The problem with keeping him is that he is round 11 bye and i am sure many teams have more then 2 round 11 players that they should fix ahead of the bye.

For me I may trade Dickson (also round 11) for Zorko (also round 11) ... but still need to get rid of either Tippett (keeping for sure) or Smith to avoid a donut in rd 11 ... at this stage with the lack of options i may just cop the donut!!

Holz

I dont think he is worth downgrading but if you can change him to a guy like chappy and help out your bye situation its worth doing. Alot of people will have to get rid of him by round 11 and he doesnt have that much money to make that it justifies keeping him over a fallen premium who will help you push up the rankings and win you league games.

Zombie2.5

I wish he was actually rested instead of subbed. Then i would've played Cameron and got 92 :(
And his breakeven will still be juciy!

Not really worth trading out unless you are doing an upgrade or getting a gun rookie.

Ricochet

If he plays well he should hit 70+
If he has an average game, he will hit his BE and price will stay the same
Can't see him hitting below his BE
Dev has more money to make us