Kennedy out for 12 weeks

Started by Ricochet, May 01, 2012, 02:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/134577/default.aspx

WEST Coast's depleted forward line has taken another hit with key forward Josh Kennedy needing surgery and set to miss up to 12 weeks.

Kennedy injured his left ankle in a marking contest during the second quarter of the Eagles' clash with Richmond on Sunday, and will undergo surgery later in the week to stabilise the joint.

"There will be a six to eight-week recovery period before he can begin rebuilding his fitness base to play at AFL level," the Eagles' website reported.

Kennedy returned to the field briefly after the incident before limping off again, but Eagles officials said he did no further damage by attempting to continue.

BlackMamba

Does this mean Cox is gonna be a full time forward?

Ziplock

pretty much. Lol WCE have a murdered forward line.

truBLUE

just seen he,s a lively targett up forward for eagles will be missed , Darling will need broader shoulders  ???

Kuruki

Huge blow for Weagles. And Cox owners i reckon.

Zombie2.5

Oh thought it was adam kennedy, lol, would've made me feel good i traded him out

:O WCE have lots of mids, but unlucky they getting fwd line injuries... ouch!

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Zombie2.5 on May 01, 2012, 03:18:20 PM
Oh thought it was adam kennedy, lol, would've made me feel good i traded him out

:O WCE have lots of mids, but unlucky they getting fwd line injuries... ouch!

Yeah me two. I thought it was Adam Kennedy :o

youl_R_FCK

Needed cox to score 8 points to in the last quarter to win my league game. I one by 3 points 6 of those were scored in the last minute haha. Cox forward not good 

Holz

if cox is going to be playing manly forward this could possibly be good news for him, bad luck for the eagles they need kennedy fit of the finals if they are any chance this year.

Capper

Would have thought that the Q-tip goes to FF and nicnat/cox to share ruck and chf

Justin Bieber

I just realised. The curse was cox last week. :o

Look what happens.

Colliwobblers

nicNat to play in centre bounces 90% of time Cox playing fwd and pinch hitting in FWD stoppages. Que Stick went well last year with Lynch in and out of form, and Darling is killing it this year already so without Kennedy he makes a tempting pick.

I might be wrong but I think Nic Nat is clearly the #1 ruck at WCE now. Don't think this injury will change the fact Cox would have spent most of his time FWD anyway this season.

LF

It a big loss for us but we managed to play NAB cup without him so hopefully we can still keep up the wins and have him back fit and firing for the final rounds and the final series

oldshepp

I actually think this is good news for Cox owners (read me)

Weagles looked top heavy on times against Richmond.  Darling and Kennedy lead up targets meant not much ball was getting to Cox at full forward.  They may restructure a bit now and with a bit of luck he'll kick a few goals

unceramonius

Its alright luv footy, you still have the umps on your side.....they will just have to pay a few more dubious frees when your in your forward 50 than usual.  Maybe, the eagles can duck their heads a little lower....buck those knees a little lower.

What was it last week against the tigers?  4th quarter, tense match......oh cotchin said a bad word.....eagles free kick...goal.