Another article about Ablett, this one us DTer's do like!

Started by whatlez, May 01, 2012, 12:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

Chad is such a loose cannon, he was hilarious in that comedy sports show that used to be on One.

GAJ can say what he likes but the only words I really want to hear are "I will play this weekend".

-Hector-

Quote from: whatlez on May 01, 2012, 01:18:18 PM
God I read it wrong the first time. Ossie can you delete all comments and start again lol.

He he. Embarassing  ;)

Colliwobblers

I  Don't really care either way, lets get that straight before everyone quotes me as being anti Ablett. But what I did infer was that there would be backlash and that you can't go putting down other players without backlash.

Personnaly I don't rate an elite player, bagging a much lesser player who is forced to fulfil roles his team and coach ask of him. My analagy was of the big guy beating up on the little guy, now no one likes that do they?

You don't think Crowley and Raines don't wish they were better players and could be the high paid celebrity ball winners like Ablett Judd and Swan, you think they like being the despised taggers?

Just think Ablett should have targeted his obvious frustrations at the games law makers as what he wants is the rules changed so that he gets a free unimpeeded run at the ball every time and no one can be allowed to touch him or get in his way, let's be honest that's what he wants and HE IS NOT ALONE. All the ball winners want that, and while it will make for prettier football my concern is it will also make for softer football and what is next a ban on all bumping and sheppharding?

I'm just one oppinion, easy to say you don't agree and get behind Ablett but no need to quote me as taking one side or the other I'm just one of many thoughts on the matter.

What do they say...."opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one" :)

From a DT perspective, I'm all for  GO ABLETT

From a social perspective, I'm a little anti -Ablett bagging the lesser player

From a game perspective, I'm all for Ablett and co getting to win the ball, but NOT at the cost of making the game any softer

yorgis

maybe he thought that he would be playing this week and dropped a few hints to the umps to watch crowley. he would

have been tagging gaj this week, and gaj would have wanted a few free kicks to be paid against crowls for holding, etc

Colliwobblers

Kuruki

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Colliwobblers on May 01, 2012, 04:37:12 PM
Quote from: Zombie2.5 on May 01, 2012, 04:34:10 PM
And heres another bad one.
Ablett ruled out this week: confirmed
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/134614/default.aspx

Could be 2 more they won't need him Vs GWS.

Who are you kidding? If he doesn't play, we will lose and I will not support GC anymore.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: whatlez on May 01, 2012, 05:02:32 PM

Who are you kidding? If he doesn't play, we will lose and I will not support GC anymore.

You gave North Melbourne a good run and how did they go against GWS again? You won't lose and last round was the teams best performance of the season so what are you worried about...

This week won't go well for you but round 7 better :) or you won't be the only one changing his colours maybe

Windigo

mpollock

Will really be interesting if he misses this week (confirmed apparently ... until he is named of course) ... and then again next week ... i think many people will start getting an itchy trade fingers ...  :)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Colliwobblers on May 01, 2012, 05:08:58 PM
Quote from: whatlez on May 01, 2012, 05:02:32 PM

You gave North Melbourne a good run and how did they go against GWS again? You won't lose and last round was the teams best performance of the season so what are you worried about...

This week won't go well for you but round 7 better :) or you won't be the only one changing his colours maybe

Yeah well they better win...and Gary better play...

TheHanger

Of course he can have an opinion but calling another player a joke is a bit far, why not just leave out the is a joke bit and say
ryan crowley, play the ball not the man

on the other note CW are you forgetting which team Ablett plays for??? possibly the only team that can't afford to rest players against GWS, sure Gold Coast did well against North but GWS did well against WB
Gaz will play against GWS, he won't accept being 'rested'

Colliwobblers

Quote from: TheHanger on May 01, 2012, 05:23:34 PM
Of course he can have an opinion but calling another player a joke is a bit far, why not just leave out the is a joke bit and say
ryan crowley, play the ball not the man

on the other note CW are you forgetting which team Ablett plays for??? possibly the only team that can't afford to rest players against GWS, sure Gold Coast did well against North but GWS did well against WB
Gaz will play against GWS, he won't accept being 'rested'

+1 on he won't accept being rested, if the knee is ok he will play, he doesnt ever "rest"

On GCS they are still a long way further along than GWS. They have not put in 100% or anywhere near it yet this season, last week was probably 80% for 3/4 then blown away.

Even Melbourne were competative all of a sudden when they actually lifted thier effort. If GCS are on they will smash GWS by 50 points, if thier not on they should scrape home anyway.

Again, just one opinion, i think they are a better side even without Ablett  than GWS.

Lucastorm

When do you say it's time to trade GAJ?

As i resisted last round, I really don't want to trade him this round...

But if he doesn't play next? Should he be traded or not?