What shall ye say to this eh?

Started by tigers123, April 30, 2012, 11:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigers123

Lads, here's the story:

430K in da bank...

looking at upgrading probably D.Smith or A.Kennedy (doesn't really matter which one haha) to any mid: beams (would give me a nice DPP forward link), Rocky (underpriced) or COTCH ma main man (looking at a breakout year, pretty underpriced)....

then next week i will most likely trade down conigs to horsey and then the one i don't trade this week to a forward or sumthing...

which one do you like? Beams, Rock or Cotch?!... or pendles?!  :o

daz77

Colliwobblers

Love Kennedy he is ripping all the shower up that comes before him.

Pendles for safe as houses top 6 mid

and out of the others you said

1. Rocky - is an elite mid potentially top 6
2. Beams - better for your FWD line won't average as much as the elite mids
3. Cotchin - Will struggle to handle the hard tags

JKraz

dont go for cotchie, will not be a top 6 mid so why bother?

beams, will probably be a top 7 forward....but why not wait and see

rocky will be a top 6 mid, is underpriced and has a low BE......cant loose with that pick imo.

Holz

if i was to target anyone in the comp it would be rocky or pendles, top 6 players who are under priced if you can afford to get one of them dont cheap out.

james789

surely you guys are kidding, cotch has scored well already this season, and has shown in the past an ability to beat a hard tag
he is looking like having a big breakout season, and signs look good
plus if he is your boy, jump on  :-*
anyone hoping to get the top 6 midfielders obviously isnt practical with money

Johnnysd

simpson, seriously but you'll probably have to wait until after they have played GWS because the street reckons he'll be rested

Holz

Quote from: james789 on May 01, 2012, 08:44:21 PM
surely you guys are kidding, cotch has scored well already this season, and has shown in the past an ability to beat a hard tag
he is looking like having a big breakout season, and signs look good
plus if he is your boy, jump on  :-*
anyone hoping to get the top 6 midfielders obviously isnt practical with money

you should at least try and bring in top 10 mids whenever possible, if some of the top scoring players are at a low price and you can afford them you would be stupid not to jump on. Why go for cotchin when you can afford rocky who is under priced and a top 10 mid.

Bones Bombers

If you don't have Pendles there's no real question here.
I love Cotch! I really do but not sure he's top 10 , hope he gets close at least.
Don't really care about Rocky for some reason he just doesn't interest me. Guess I haven't seen much of him.
Keep Beams for the forward line if you want him.
PENDLES!!!

tigers123

cheers for the feedback guys...

i'm not sure still... probably looking more so at rockliff, pendles or beams now (beams purely for the DPP link, he will end up in my forwards for sure haha)

but i have also realised i can afford marc murphy... would he be the best of the bunch?!

crabapples

i think the ceilings of pendles and murph may be a little higher?... i think next year cotch will be a very popular pick seems like he developing a very consistant game

tigers123

Quote from: crabapples on May 01, 2012, 10:30:20 PM
i think the ceilings of pendles and murph may be a little higher?... i think next year cotch will be a very popular pick seems like he developing a very consistant game

yeah decided i might hold off him this year but I reckon next year he will probably be first picked in my team haha... lids, martin, cotch, DT and AFL superstars!  ;D

yeahh I'm not sure... I guess i'll probably just wait on beams and get him when my rooks have peaked, because, lets be honest, he will probably only go up a max of about 40-60K which my rookies' price rises should make up anyway...

so that's the question....

ROCKLIFF
PENDLEBERRY
MURPHY

all have reasonably high ceilings and reasonable consitency...

matt1985

Quote from: tigers123 on May 01, 2012, 10:35:13 PM
Quote from: crabapples on May 01, 2012, 10:30:20 PM

yeah decided i might hold off him this year but I reckon next year he will probably be first picked in my team haha... lids, martin, cotch, DT and AFL superstars!  ;D

yeahh I'm not sure... I guess i'll probably just wait on beams and get him when my rooks have peaked, because, lets be honest, he will probably only go up a max of about 40-60K which my rookies' price rises should make up anyway...

so that's the question....

ROCKLIFF
PENDLEBERRY
MURPHY

all have reasonably high ceilings and reasonable consitency...

I've had Murphy in from rd 1 and love the bloke. Can't see him slowing down, but there is a good chance he may be rested this week :( So might not be the best week to get him. Out of Rocky and Pendles, i'd go Pendles.

Zombie2.5

How about
Murphy for Mr.Consistency (114,115,116,117 and 139, look at that!!)
Rockliff for Gun, high potential, slightly underpriced
Pendles for value, cheapest definitely a gun.
Josh kennedy/Kade simpson for unique and slightly cheaper.

Plastic Boy

Quote from: daz77 on April 30, 2012, 11:17:44 PM
Go unique.
Josh P Kennedy!

3 of Kennedy's scores have been around the 94/95 mark, thats where I think he'll score most weeks with the occasional big tonne, but for me if I were bringing in a new midfielder I'd be lookling for regular 105-115 scores with the occasional 130-140.