Which Rookie Defender???

Started by Skullgove, April 30, 2012, 11:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which rookie defender has the best chance of some job security?

Nathan Brown (collingwood)
5 (45.5%)
Shane Edwards (gws)
1 (9.1%)
Beau Wilkes (st kilda)
5 (45.5%)
Other (pls comment)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Skullgove

If you have any other suggestions, then please let me know?

Colliwobblers

beautiful winkies  ;D

mature aged put his hand up and from the coaches press conference he looks like he genuinely likes and rates the guy.

looked underdone in the NAB CUP but seems ready now just needs to cement his spot.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Colliwobblers on April 30, 2012, 11:10:07 PM
beautiful winkies  ;D

mature aged put his hand up and from the coaches press conference he looks like he genuinely likes and rates the guy.

looked underdone in the NAB CUP but seems ready now just needs to cement his spot.

yep i agree at this point in time

henry

Nathan brown has basically secured a spot, hard to see him getting pushed out. Played very well in his first game back from injury.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: henry on April 30, 2012, 11:12:23 PM
Nathan brown has basically secured a spot, hard to see him getting pushed out. Played very well in his first game back from injury.

Yeah he has 110% job security, can he score ok in SC? I know he is worthless like most key defenders in DT but some go ok in SC.

Turkies

Don't know why anyone is talking about N.Brown.

Firstly, he has been in the best 22 basically since his 1st game, only injury has held him out.
BUT, he's a big key defender, as we know they dont really score the best. In DT he will give you 40s and 50s, you might get 60s and 70s at the most in SC, but he's priced at 200k according to FanFooty. For that price he's not worth it at all imo

henry

Quote from: Turkies on April 30, 2012, 11:18:23 PM
Don't know why anyone is talking about N.Brown.

Firstly, he has been in the best 22 basically since his 1st game, only injury has held him out.
BUT, he's a big key defender, as we know they dont really score the best. In DT he will give you 40s and 50s, you might get 60s and 70s at the most in SC, but he's priced at 200k according to FanFooty. For that price he's not worth it at all imo
He's priced at 120k in DT and while I agree with you he won't average much more than 50 at best he will play every game barfing injury or suspension and the poll was about job security, not scoring potential. He could be an ok downgrade i guess for the likes of morris who only avergae 50 odd themselves and you can get a back emergency. Not sure that I will be using a trade on him though.

Colliwobblers

good point both of you, 40-50 is his likely average, but maybe 60 if Shaw keeps having "hamstring" issues  ::)

at $120K for even a 50-60K average he makes a decent enough cash cow, not much different to what morris and ellis have given us, better job security.

but can't expect to be keeping him i think.

BC2010

Sam Shaw is likely to be a lock in Adelaide's backs when fit.

hardnut

Quote from: BC2010 on May 01, 2012, 12:22:23 AM
Sam Shaw is likely to be a lock in Adelaide's backs when fit.
Agreed, I'd also be watching for Spurr to break into Freo's teams. I'm sure Anthony's spot will be available this week.